Deacon Hill in Portal

Yeah I could see him being successful in the wildcat role. As long as he promises to never ever try to pass the ball. He might even be a decent fullback.

Deacon could run or lead block in the wildcat. 6’3” 260 is a big QB.

Sigh.

Again:

Wildcat. Short yardage. Veteran backup presence.

Wow.
You’re the one who was selling him because he was a part of a winning program.

The part of the team he contributed to would earn most teams sub 4 wins.

You’re the one who was selling him because he was a part of a winning program.

The part of the team he contributed to would earn most teams sub 4 wins.

He was, in fact, a starter for a winning Big Ten school. He is, in fact, experienced.

Do you see him as “unplayable” as a short yardage contributor or wildcat?
“Unplayable” was your word, not mine.

I don’t see him as a starter, but as a backup with starting experience and the ability to contribute in other ways.

He was, in fact, a starter for a winning Big Ten school. He is, in fact, experienced.

Do you see him as “unplayable” as a short yardage contributor or wildcat?
“Unplayable” was your word, not mine.

I don’t see him as a starter, but as a backup with starting experience and the ability to contribute in other ways.
Unplayable as a QB certainly possible.

Look man, it's not hard to pick this one up....

You want to talk someone up about being on a winning team ... you might want to consider that the part of the team he contributed would earn most teams sub 4 wins in a season. The thing that made Iowa a winning team had nothing to do with that guy. Iowa could have won most of the games they won with AK at the helm ...

The whole winning team thing is absurd at face value.

I get your short yardage thing, but who cares? You can get short yardage a lot of ways, and a team that ONLY runs for 3 to 4 yards is going to get yards, especially when you run on 3rd and 10 and nobody cares that you pickup 4 yards.

Sigh.

Again:

Wow.
Getting butt hurt because people don't agree is funny. Guy comes from probably the worst offensive team in the country the last 4 years. We're pulling in transfers from Georgia, Clemson, LSU, TCU etc, why do we want a fat ass backup from the most inept collection of players on offense in D1 big boy football? Oh, because the wildcat. 😆 Great idea!

In what world is he anything like Seth Green. I guess they are both QBs and both weigh like 240 lbs +, but I would not call Deacon Hill a running threat. He ran for -115 yards last year. Athan ran for 140. Tanner Morgan had 55 his senior year.

Seth Green was an athletic specimen. Deacon Hill is built like Dilly Bar Dan.

Sigh.

Again:

Wow.
I don't mind bringinb on a veteran QB but the only thing I hate more than the idea of running the Wildcat more is running it with a big fat slow guy.

In what world is he anything like Seth Green. I guess they are both QBs and both weigh like 240 lbs +, but I would not call Deacon Hill a running threat. He ran for -115 yards last year. Athan ran for 140. Tanner Morgan had 55 his senior year.

Seth Green was an athletic specimen. Deacon Hill is built like Dilly Bar Dan.
Deacon Hill weighed 240 in 5th grade......

I think the Gophers should consider him. Not joking.

- Backup with experience starting for a B1G school.

- Seth Green-like wildcat option.

- If memory serves, he made Iowa almost unstoppable in short yardage situations.
Iowa had short yardage situations last year?😲

Top Bottom