DC Tickets

Holy Man

Reaction score
Has anyone received their B1G tournament tickets, yet? I get mine through a third party next week, but wondering where they are sitting the faithful remnant going out there in a couple weeks.

I received mine today - I don't have a very high Gopher Score so ended up in the upper level - but it is dead center court, so it should be a good view. I heard the Gopher sections were 110, 213 & 214 and 417 and a couple others near 417. Can't wait!

0.jpg

Thanks. Are you in 417 or the 200's? The Verizon Center didn't have a "view from" feature on its site, so it's hard to tell how high the 200 sections are. 110 is basically baseline/corner and looks pretty good.

WDC...

We got ours yesterday - 214 - low/mid level giver. Much better tix last year, but so be it...

Thanks. Are you in 417 or the 200's? The Verizon Center didn't have a "view from" feature on its site, so it's hard to tell how high the 200 sections are. 110 is basically baseline/corner and looks pretty good.

I am in 417. Higher than I would like but the view looks pretty good from this website:

http://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/54413/Verizon+Center/section-417/row-4/seat-6/

Here are 214 and 110 for comparison:

http://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/20110/Verizon+Center/section-214/row-F/seat-1/

http://aviewfrommyseat.com/venue/Verizon+Center/110/

I would also be curious to know where other gopher fans are sitting based on their gopher score. I have 63.5 points and have a rank of 10452 of 14969. We have 4 tickets in our group, requested before the Jan 6th priority date, and ended up in 417 Row F.

I'm so envious!!

Rejoice with those who rejoice, Moon!

I would love to say this is a reward for faith and confidence, but for me it is a longstanding reunion with friends including the hoops. I haven't been to DC since college so very much looking forward to it for multiple reasons.

Rejoice with those who rejoice, Moon!

I would love to say this is a reward for faith and confidence, but for me it is a longstanding reunion with friends including the hoops. I haven't been to DC since college so very much looking forward to it for multiple reasons.
You bet! I'm glad you're going - should be very exciting! I've never been to the BT tournament; however, we just found out our son got into grad school at U of Chicago next fall, so I'm already making plans for 2019 when it is there!

So, it looks like they're selling tickets for the entire tournament, or optionally you can buy per "session." I would think by the weekend, the secondary market should be pretty wide open with most of the teams out (so their fans who bought the package, or bought later sessions, may bail).

So, it looks like they're selling tickets for the entire tournament, or optionally you can buy per "session." I would think by the weekend, the secondary market should be pretty wide open with most of the teams out (so their fans who bought the package, or bought later sessions, may bail).

If the Gophers get bounced before Sunday and Maryland makes the title game, then Gopher fans could potentially flip their tix for some decent cash..

If the Gophers get bounced before Sunday and Maryland makes the title game, then Gopher fans could potentially flip their tix for some decent cash..

Of course the Gophers will be playing Sunday so this is a moot point!

We got ours yesterday - 214 - low/mid level giver. Much better tix last year, but so be it...

Same scenario for me. Section 214 through a giver with a rank somewhere around 900. Not as good as previous years, but I think the days of commoners getting lower bowl tickets are past us. I can live with the club level, but if they ever stick us up in the third deck, I'm choosing the comfort of my living room.

Does anyone know anyone who is in 110?

I'm only about 225 miles north of DC and if Gophers make it to Sunday and don't play Maryland I think i'm going to take a day trip down and believe I can get in the building through cheap seats between $15-$30 a piece. I'll probably be able to maneuver my way towards a semi-vacant section with mostly Gopher fans after half time without much hassle. There's no way that place fills up even 75% capacity for a finals match up featuring the Gophs.

I'm only about 225 miles north of DC and if Gophers make it to Sunday and don't play Maryland I think i'm going to take a day trip down and believe I can get in the building through cheap seats between $15-$30 a piece. I'll probably be able to maneuver my way towards a semi-vacant section with mostly Gopher fans after half time without much hassle. There's no way that place fills up even 75% capacity for a finals match up featuring the Gophs.

For sure. Historically, Sunday is actually the easiest day to get a ticket. Price goes up if the local team is in, but there are a lot of seats and almost everyone is going home.

I've never gone to a BTT.

Are the games usually well attended?

My guess would be that all the sessions are pretty light until Friday and Saturday with all of the different teams that are playing. Accurate?

Or are most of the fans die-hards where they watch all of the games?

My guess would be that all the sessions are pretty light until Friday and Saturday with all of the different teams that are playing. Accurate?

Never been to one but I bet they are like an NCAA regional. Packed when the "Home" team is playing or sparsely attended. The Superdome was half full for the Gophers vs. Georgia Tech in 1990 because LSU lost in the sub-regional

Yes. Crowds are pretty sparse until Friday, although Thursday evening can get pretty full if local teams are playing. Saturday is typically the most expensive ticket with four teams playing. I have always liked the BTT because it isn't as zooey as an NCAA regional or Final Four and for the most part it is die hard basketball fans, not bandwagon jumpers who know little about the game. For the most part it really is pretty congenial conference fraternity, with a few notable exceptions (e.g. really drunk Wisconsin undergrads).

Yes. Crowds are pretty sparse until Friday, although Thursday evening can get pretty full if local teams are playing. Saturday is typically the most expensive ticket with four teams playing. I have always liked the BTT because it isn't as zooey as an NCAA regional or Final Four and for the most part it is die hard basketball fans, not bandwagon jumpers who know little about the game. For the most part it really is pretty congenial conference fraternity, with a few notable exceptions (e.g. really drunk Wisconsin undergrads).

With so many different fans from different teams, does the crowd pick up a big "cheer for the underdog" environment?
Is there generally a well hated team (like Duke) when viewed across the conference?

If you can squeeze it in I'd recommend going to We the Pizza. Great pizza and nitrogen cooled tap head so beer comes out just over freezing temperature. :)

With so many different fans from different teams, does the crowd pick up a big "cheer for the underdog" environment?
Is there generally a well hated team (like Duke) when viewed across the conference?

Maryland hasn't been in the conference long enough to really establish a solid hatred (Iowa, Wisconsin) for any particular team in the B1G. So I would think the locals would most likely cheer for the underdog. But with how left wing political they are here, They may just BOO all the teams from Pennsylvania, Ohio and Michigan!

Maryland hasn't been in the conference long enough to really establish a solid hatred (Iowa, Wisconsin) for any particular team in the B1G. So I would think the locals would most likely cheer for the underdog. But with how left wing political they are here, They may just BOO all the teams from Pennsylvania, Ohio and Michigan!

Underdogs are generally favored. Ohio State and Michigan are universally hated. Fans in Chicago booed three third grade girls singing the Michigan fight song. Pretty harsh.

If you can squeeze it in I'd recommend going to We the Pizza. Great pizza and nitrogen cooled tap head so beer comes out just over freezing temperature. :)

Or if you're in the mood for a good burger, Good Stuff Eatery is right next door. They are both owned by the same chef (Spike Mendelson for the Top Chef fans among us). Kind of far away from the Verizon Center, but if you are up on the hill you can't go wrong.

Underdogs are generally favored. Ohio State and Michigan are universally hated. Fans in Chicago booed three third grade girls singing the Michigan fight song. Pretty harsh.

That does seem to be a tough crowd. It's not like the three kids were singing "On Wisconsin" or some other obscene tune.

That does seem to be a tough crowd. It's not like the three kids were singing "On Wisconsin" or some other obscene tune.

It may have been the funniest moment in the history of the tournament, at least the ones I have been in person. Anything, Wisconsin, of course, is booing material.

Top Bottom