Daytona State Hires Gadiva Hubbard as an Assistant

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score

Good Luck Gadiva

Former University of Minnesota guard Gadiva Hubbard enters her first season as a member of the Daytona State College Women’s Basketball coaching staff in 2022-23.

Hubbard on joining Daytona State, "I am extremely excited to join the Daytona State family. Coach Griffin has a great program and I am very grateful to be a part of it. I am eager to get to work with our ladies and look forward to developing relationships with future Falcons!"

Hubbard ended her career ranked second in career games played at Minnesota (135), third in team history in 3-pointers made (259), third in career 3-pointers attempted (736), third in minutes played (4150), ninth in career steals (193) and 11th in career points (1,477).

In addition to a stellar six-year career, Hubbard garnered the 6th Man of the Year Award (2016), Big Ten All-Freshman Team (2017), All-Big Ten Honorable Mention (2018, 2020), and All-Big Ten Sportsmanship Award (2021).

The guard completed her career averaging 11.0 points, 2.8 rebounds, 2.4 assists, and 1.3 steals, for her career as a Golden Gopher with a WNIT appearance in 2021-22.

"I am extremely excited to have Gadiva as a part of our family, she is going to be a gem in the coaching profession and a huge asset to the Daytona State College community" Head coach Tron Griffin said.

The Virginia Beach, VA., native and graduate of Princess Anne High School ... led the Cavaliers to three consecutive state titles ... scored 35, 31, and 29 points, respectively, in state championship games her last three years ... 2016 Virginia High School League 5A State Player of the Year ... three-time All-USA Virginia Girls Basketball Team and Virginia High School League Group 5A selection ... only three-time All-Tidewater Player of the Year ever ... scored 1,974 points during her high school and played AAU for Boo Williams Elite.

Hubbard earned her bachelor’s degree in Business Marketing in 2019, master’s degree in Sports Management in 2021, and master’s degree in Human Resource Development in 2022 from the University of Minnesota.

Top Bottom