Days like Thursday and Friday last week give us hope

gopherdudepart2

Reaction score
The pick up of the two Texas kids in Josh Allen and the WR Hawkins give the Gophers more exceptional talent in the pipeline. Thursday and Friday were wins that I have good hope for to show up on Saturday's. Brewster and Fisch come from good coaching trees of guy's that have had a lot of success. I take solace and have hope because of those mentors for these two coaches.
I see why he sticks with Weber when Gray is not ready, but I do not have to like it when I have been hoping for a spark from the offense to the defense. The O-line should get a little sick of taking all of the blame, but the QB always gets more of everything, I just want him to make decisions and stick to them, right or wrong.

Brew he may seem audacious at time's(I like this), but he is not the dolt or the nimcomepoop that some of his words might paint him to be. They keep getting kid's like that Josh Allen in the pipeline and not only will day's like yesterday lessen we will start to see our defensive and offensive lines do what PSU did to us against other teams. There are some young guy's behind the guy's that are playing now that are more athletic, but now is not there time. When they become bigger and stronger, and start to see the field, we will then start to see the fruits of this staff's labor off the field. We have speed, now we need to get a hole lot stronger in the trenches and start to build the blocks from there.
Any thoughts of making a coaching change now would not only set us back five more years, doing that now would burry this team to perpetual sameness. At some point we will have a tailback that can work with this line. We have good WR's might as well just throw to as many as we can hit right now. 4-3 is okay but this team underachieved to get to that point, they are better than 4-3 talent that is the most disappointing aspect about being where a lot of people thought they should be.

Yesterday they faced a good, not great defensive front but could not get out of there own way with mental mistakes to make plays. They were stronger but we missed a lot of assignments up front. If you would have told me that the Gophers held PSU to 20 points that would have sounded like a Gopher win, but alas that was not meant to be.

Good post. I agree with many of the points you made.

The one thing I really want to see from this staff is bringing in a good running back with GOOD size. Every time I see our running backs (Bennet, Eskridge, or Whaley), they look so small. They run with no power. I like their speed, but very soon we need a running back that looks like a Big Ten back.

I'm surprised that we have not gotten a commit from a big time running back yet. We don't have a stud running back and it would be a very good chance for immediate playing time on a Big Ten team. Maybe recruits are turned away from our bad O-line or that our running backs are all young and that would be too much competition? I don't know. I'm kinda rambling now.

The one thing I really want to see from this staff is bringing in a good running back with GOOD size. Every time I see our running backs (Bennet, Eskridge, or Whaley), they look so small. They run with no power. I like their speed, but very soon we need a running back that looks like a Big Ten back.

I agree. We need a running back along the lines of Clay from Wis. A big guy that can just pound defensive lines and run downhill.

Top Bottom