Dawson Now Listed On Gopher B-Ball Roster

Reaction score
From www.gophersports.com then click on Basketball and Roster from there.

Dawson averaged 23 ppg and 15 rebounds as HS senior. 1st team All-City and 3rd All-State.

I think he is a candidate for a scholarship in a year or two.

Maybe it was mentioned ealier

but according ot the weights Iverson & Sampson have both put on more than 20 pounds. Also White is listed at 6'8" and 249 lbs. This guy is a beast and keeps getting bigger everytime I see his height and weight listed!

yipes !

looking at the roster suggests Tubby will be able to put some serious "poundage" on the court with multiple player combos. Excellent.
:clap::clap::clap:

We could go with a huge lineup. White, Iverson, Sampson, Johnson Joseph on the floor at one time.

If that happens then we are in big trouble.

Not necessarily. Tubby granted the 13th scholarship to a walk-on several times at UK.

Calipari granted #13 to a walk-on at UK this year.

Dawson was on the roster handed out at Tubby's Tipoff and introed with the rest of the team.

If he gets a scholarship, it will be a "storehouse" one -- one Tubby doesn't need to use (or can't use) in a given year. At least he doesn't look worse than the "last-on-the-bench" scholarship player looked his last year.

If he gets a scholarship, it will be a "storehouse" one -- one Tubby doesn't need to use (or can't use) in a given year. At least he doesn't look worse than the "last-on-the-bench" scholarship player looked his last year.

Dude please don't rip on KP. He was the man, the heart and soul of that team.

An unnecessary and harsh comment. I am sure the kid and his parents know the odds of getting a scholarship are long. He is no doubt very excited to be on the team and rightfully so. Comments like this and the one about KP aren't needed and serve no purpose. JMO

I, too, thought that was an odd comment from JG since he is one of the best contributors to this board ever. Rarely do the 11-13 scholarship players ever significantly contribute. Johnny...care to elaborate a little more? I'm just curious about your reasoning. And no...I personally didn't think it was a shot at Dawson in any way.

And if you thought the shooting was bad last year...

Obviously no real shooters in that group besides Devoe but if the other team isn't smart enough to play zone against that match-up then we could do some serious damage inside. What other team could match the 6"11, 6"11 and 6"8 front court not to mention an athletic 6"7 SG?

We don't have an athletic 6'7'' shooting guard. We have an undersized 6'7'' power forward.

We don't have an athletic 6'7'' shooting guard. We have an undersized 6'7'' power forward.

I'm referring to Damian Johnson. He doesn't have the outside jumpshot (please re-read my original post, Born in the Barn) but defensively he can stay with any SG in the Big 10. I'm not stating that we have frickin Michael Jordan on the roster.....good grief. The amount of "know-it-alls" on this board is absolutely asinine.....

I'm referring to Damian Johnson. He doesn't have the outside jumpshot (please re-read my original post, Born in the Barn) but defensively he can stay with any SG in the Big 10. I'm not stating that we have frickin Michael Jordan on the roster.....good grief. The amount of "know-it-alls" on this board is absolutely asinine.....

I know. He isn't a shooting guard. Just because you have a player stand on the wing doesn't mean he is a shooting guard. Let's throw Westbrook out at center and see if any of the bigs can stick with him on the perimeter.

Top Bottom