Dawson Garcia has signed NIL representation with @fraction_llc.

I don't know what these companies do. Are they just helping him find NIL deals? Essentially like an agent?

I don't know what these companies do. Are they just helping him find NIL deals? Essentially like an agent?

I'll tell you what they do, they make the most generic looking uniforms ever! Look at that ugly Gopher white jersey. Other than that, yea, they just fish for NIL deals and take a cut.

Go Gophers!!

I think so. Dennis Evans has one.

Truthfully, I think this is the way it should be. Someone other than the school hustling to find NIL opportunities for the players.

This is the way it is supposed to be. However, when these people start hustling other schools for the best NIL deal, that's how you end up losing them. That's unlikely the case with Garcia though.

This is the way it is supposed to be. However, when these people start hustling other schools for the best NIL deal, that's how you end up losing them. That's unlikely the case with Garcia though.
Once he graduates, he can be gone just like first time transfers.

Once he graduates, he can be gone just like first time transfers.
These agents are going to have insight into the overall package a guy can get. They are going to communicate not only with companies willing to pay NIL money but also collectives and how much they can pay. Garcia is going to go where he can get the most compensation. Scholarships are so short term, things like loyalty aren't going to come into the equation especially for graduate transfers that are only doing a one year deal.

players are allowed to have an 'agent' or representative for NIL - but all they can do is NIL-related projects. So the representative can go out and try and find companies/businesses to sign NIL deals with the player.

These agents are going to have insight into the overall package a guy can get. They are going to communicate not only with companies willing to pay NIL money but also collectives and how much they can pay. Garcia is going to go where he can get the most compensation. Scholarships are so short term, things like loyalty aren't going to come into the equation especially for graduate transfers that are only doing a one year deal.
You're giving these agents way too much credit. They are not playing 3d chess and thinking 8 moves ahead.

What they are seeing are dollars. Period. Paragraph.

We are on the same path that they are looking to maximize those future "earnings", but they are not doing it in a premeditated way.

Top Bottom