Davonte Fitzgerald Transfers to University of Minnesota

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I noticed that also. His points per minute were great. I know several were critical of his shooting percentage etc,. but I seldom consider that for freshman. I'm guessing he's an instant offense off the bench type.

Caught this in the Grantland article on the Cavs/Warriors series. With the caveat this is the NBA and is a bit different than college, maybe Pitino knows a little something ...

After Game 5, Kerr said, “It’s not a series for bigs right now,” but I wonder if he’s going far enough. With neither team playing a dude over 6-foot-9 for the majority of the Warriors’ win, it’s hard not to look a couple of years into the future and imagine a league in which the best teams are all running out lineups of five 6-foot-7 Swiss Army knives who can play every position at once. If November feels like it was part of another era, it might be because it already is.

Caught this in the Grantland article on the Cavs/Warriors series. With the caveat this is the NBA and is a bit different than college, maybe Pitino knows a little something ...

It's feasible if all 5 of those guys can hit a shot from outside. Because if they cannot open up the middle and force the opposing big out it's a moot point. If anything, because of the lack of shooting, the NCAA has gone the opposite direction. Look at the top players the past couple of years, many of them have been bigs, and some of them have been strict 5's as well. Kentucky almost had the perfect season relying heavily on their ability to just plow into the lane and get put backs via strength, lengthy and power.

Other reason is that in the College game, you can put someone in the paint for 3 plus seconds, guarding no one. Same reason as above (you would only do this if there was someone that you dont have to respect a jump shot on) as well as the prominance of zone.

Indiana has been trying this the past couple of years, having 5 players who can switch. Villinova is a similar style. UConn had bigs, but imployed a similar style of having those bigs run high screen and roles rather than your traditional post up style offense.

Top Bottom