David Cobb pro day today

die hard gopher

Reaction score
This morning. Will be interesting to see how many teams show up.

Exactly where I'd thought he'd run.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4.65 is just fine for him. As long as he didn't run a 4.8 I don't see it really changing anything

Given the right opportunity Cobb can be very good in the NFL.

Would love if the Vikings picked him up in the 3rd.

1500: 'Healthy again,' David Cobb pleased with his pro day results

David Cobb didn't have any visible bracing around his recently recovered left quad, but he wasn't without support at his individual pro day on Monday.

Cobb's cheering section was well represented as he ran through a bevy of on-field drills for the first time since injuring his leg during the opening 40-yard dash attempt on Feb. 21 at the NFL scouting combine.

"I got great teammates, friends, family and coaches out here to support me," Cobb said after his workout. "You can come out and be a little nervous. You always want to live your dream and there are so many NFL teams looking at you, but it's what I dreamed of, it's what I love to do.

"Biggest thing is that I was healthy, healthy again," he added. "Coming out of the workout, you want to come out healthy. I was able to catch the ball, make good cuts, run a good 40 time and do good short shuttles."

A handful of NFL teams brought more than one official, including the Minnesota Vikings, who hosted Cobb for a pre-draft visit during their annual Top 30 event last week. Running backs coach Kirby Wilson and scout Steven Price, along with half the league, were spotted watching Cobb, who ran a 4.65 in the 40-yard dash.

"Normally around high 4.5s," he said. "But going through the rehab and coming out here...I'm satisfied with it. I want it to be better, but I'm happy with it."

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Healthy_again_David_Cobb_pleased_with_his_pro_day_results041315

Go Gophers!!

Would love if the Vikings picked him up in the 3rd.

• On if drafted by Vikings: "Dad been a Vikings fan growing up, it would be great...used to like [running back] Michael Bennett in Madden...always throw it deep to [Randy] Moss...It'd be special playing at TCF [Bank Stadium] again, but I'd be satisfied with anything."

Go Gophers!!

ESPN: Vikings watch David Cobb work out

Minnesota Vikings team officials were among those at the University of Minnesota on Monday morning to watch Gophers running back David Cobb work out for scouts after a quad injury at the NFL scouting combine.

Running backs coach Kirby Wilson and scout Steve Price both were on hand to watch Cobb, who ran and did positional drills at the Gophers' practice facility. Cobb said his 40-yard dash was between 4.6 and 4.7 seconds, as he worked out for an estimated 16 NFL teams on Monday.

Cobb, who set the Gophers' single-season rushing record with 1,626 yards in 2014, is expected to be a fourth- or fifth-round pick, but helped his stock with a strong performance at the Senior Bowl and was happy with how he performed on Monday.

"It's about the short-area quickness, catching the ball out of the backfield," said Cobb, who weighed in at 227 pounds. "Everything held up -- that was the biggest thing coming out of the workout. I was able to catch the ball, make good cuts, run a good 40 times and do a good short shuttle."

http://espn.go.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/post/_/id/13277/vikings-watch-david-cobb-work-out

Go Gophers!!

Given the right opportunity Cobb can be very good in the NFL.

Yep, someone is going to get a very solid player in the mid rounds. He won't be a superstar but he should be a good steady producer for someone. Would be great if he ended up in Purple.

Could really see Cobb complimenting McKinnon well for the Vikes. Cobb has the look of a solid guy going b/t the tackles and McKinnon adds a slasher/pass catcher role to change things up. Hope the Vikes take a look at him especially given a disgruntled and probably now overpaid AP

4.58 would be great although pro day times are usually a little more generous than combine times.

Probably. If he's there in the 4th and the Vikes haven't grabbed a running back yet......I'd be disappointed if they passed.

As of now the Vikes are drafting quite high in each round, that will probably change with trader Speilman.

Vikes have also shown interest in the rb from Boise State.

Top Bottom