David Cobb nominated for the Capital One Cup Impact Performance of the Week

Gopher fans should be voting for David Cobb

Even if it was a lower level opponent David Cobb was the man on the football field yesterday. We have a top tailback in the Big 10 conference with really good vision and the ability
to make some difficult cuts and few even recognize it yet. Why wish for something else when something great is right under our noises.
Instead as usual Gopher fans bicker and complain about the QB play. I am with CaliGopher let the Quarterback play
throughout the season play itself out. Mitch Leidner is going to be fine and if he is hurt we will need Chris Strevar to step up and play well.
The energy level was low like the coach said because the Gophers have a lot of young talented kids playing, and maybe the guys were complacent and to relaxed.
This next game against TCU is going to be a good gauge, and the Gophers should be able to win if they are able to run the football like they have been, and the defense steps up and makes stops like yesterdays first half.
People have a reason to concerned I recognize and get that about the QB play, but we Gopher fans do tend to pile on our team and quarterbacks to much. I have been guilty of this myself, let them play. It was Ray Hitchcock that said Max Williams was a QB at Waconia, that is why I mentioned him running the ball out of the backfield in the Wildcat in an earlier post, it is not as far fetched as some might think. Tailgating aside in concept it sounded good BS'ing around some beers. Good times at the game yesterday.
The Williams kid can run and he is hard to tackle and it would be an element of surprise.

bump. click on the link and go cast your votes bitches. :p

Top Bottom