Dave Matthews Band at TCF Bank Stadium

drunkenMNgopher

Section 135
Reaction score
Cities 97 said DMB is playing the Twin Cities this summer and rumors are all over the various DMB websites about them playing TCF Bank Stadium for their stop this summer. Tour dates have not yet been released but should in the next week or two. Last year they played at Vandy. Would be cool to see my 50th DMB show at my favorite stadium! Hope it's true!

And this is a rumor only until confirmation by the U of M or Dave Matthews Band. Multiple unnamed sources have said this but we all know how that pans out on these boards!

This would be pretty cool. Which website has the thread going? link if possible?

Thanks

It would make sense. They've been forced to play indoors at Target Center up until now which really goes against how they schedule their summer tour. The exception was when they played 10,000 Lakes Festival in Detroit Lakes this past summer. But since 10K folded this winter that is no longer an option. I'd honestly expect TCF to become a pretty popular summer concert venue since the Cities lack any other outdoor venue.

It would make sense. They've been forced to play indoors at Target Center up until now which really goes against how they schedule their summer tour. The exception was when they played 10,000 Lakes Festival in Detroit Lakes this past summer. But since 10K folded this winter that is no longer an option. I'd honestly expect TCF to become a pretty popular summer concert venue since the Cities lack any other outdoor venue.

Target Field too.....don't forget.

u2 and now dmb?

when are they going to get someone good to tcf?

I read that the Twins saw what happened at a Madonna concert at Petco and the grass was ruined. So no concerts at Target Field in 2010. A rep from Live Nation said TCF would be getting a few shows in 2010 and 5 to 10 shows between TCF and Target Field in 2011. In fact, I've heard this from multiple Live Nation reps. They are expecting a boom in outdoor shows in the Twin Cities with these new stadiums. Also Rascal Flatts, Keith Urban and Kenny Chesney are big country acts that play stadiums and work with Live Nation. Who knows, maybe more dates are coming. Sounds like DMB will be releasing dates soon since they sent their Warehouse fan club members got an email stating that all stadium shows will be GA floor yesterday. Past history shows this means tour dates in the next few days.

Unfortunately, no TCF!!!

Dave Matthews Band will close their summer tour on September 15th at Xcel Energy Center

Unfortunately, no TCF!!!

Dave Matthews Band will close their summer tour on September 15th at Xcel Energy Center

Well if you are a Dave Matthews fan (which I've gathered you are) this is not the worst news in the world.

While the Xcel center is indoors, it's also not a wild card. As much fun as the TCF experience would have been, you know exactly what you are going to get at Xcel. Xcel is the best place in Minnesota to see a BIG concert - I doubt it will let you down.

Top Bottom