Darius Taylor, welcome to RB1

Sounds like Zach Evans has been passed over. Would expect a transfer out, that's just how it works these days.
Competition for starting spots and playing time is at a higher level. PJ Fleck is serious about out-recruiting every player. It depends on what Zach Evans wants. You look at Bryce Williams who is perfectly comfortable and knows his role and loves his time with the Gophers.

I just wish some of the players they developed did not transfer out.

Sounds like Zach Evans has been passed over. Would expect a transfer out, that's just how it works these days.
Maybe, Tyler and Williams will be gone next year. There will be a lot of playing time available. Fleck can always point to Ky Thomas as a cautionary tale.

I mean shoot, KT actually played, too. So, yeah, I think that's a good point. Unless he plans to transfer downward, but who knows.

"He's (Zach) doing good, but this is all about competition. I don't make the depth charts. The players make the depth charts. I just pick who played best. Just because you did something one year, doesn't mean you're going to be there the next year. We keep adding talent, and then you got to go out and perform.

I am glad that Darius Taylor remained true to his commitment to the Gophers after pressures from other late suitors!

We need a complimentary tandem runner from next year's Transfer Portal.

A thick 220-lb type of hard-to-tackle RB like that will punish opponents in the second half when gas tanks are low.
Do you mean like Bryce Williams?

Yeah, Fleck there certainly makes it sound like he got passed over and will be riding the bench this year.

Not sure how else you spin that ...

Yeah, Fleck there certainly makes it sound like he got passed over and will be riding the bench this year.

Not sure how else you spin that ...

We are only 2 games in. Plenty of time for him to make his way onto the field

1694362600818.png

1694362747721.png

1694362425598.png

1694362538282.png

1694362479918.png

Yep and we can pick up a transfer that's better than him. Works both ways.

Top Bottom