Darius Taylor, welcome to RB1

My thoughts exactly. He earned his starting spot tonight.

Think his style is a little different than Rodney. My recollection is Rodney liked to hit the line/hole hard. Didn't pause much. Thought Darius was much more patient waiting for hole to open. Correct me if wrong. Been a few years.
remember shannon more that way. rodney was the more patient runner of the two, but it was more comparing the two rather than a direct to Taylor so i could be wrong

He looked great tonight, it was a sight for sore eyes (and yes, I realize how fortunate we've been at RB-U that a single bad rushing game last week created sore eyes).

Go Gophers!!

We need both kinds of runners.

TnT will be like 2021 with Thomas and Irving. Taylor will be playing the part of Bucky, but the total yardages might be flipped.

I am glad that Darius Taylor remained true to his commitment to the Gophers after pressures from other late suitors!

We need a complimentary tandem runner from next year's Transfer Portal.

A thick 220-lb type of hard-to-tackle RB like that will punish opponents in the second half when gas tanks are low.

I am glad that Darius Taylor remained true to his commitment to the Gophers after pressures from other late suitors!

We need a complimentary tandem runner from next year's Transfer Portal.

A thick 220-lb type of hard-to-tackle RB like that will punish opponents in the second half when gas tanks are low.
High school commit Jayden Wright would fit that role.

Great start Darius! Don't forget to eat your Wheaties every morning and take care of yourself. All you have coming up is UNC, Michigan, Iowa, OSU and Wisconsin, and Illinois (after thought)..

Think his style is a little different than Rodney. My recollection is Rodney liked to hit the line/hole hard. Didn't pause much. Thought Darius was much more patient waiting for hole to open. Correct me if wrong. Been a few years.

Taylor looked like he was being coached by Mo with that patience in the zone blocking scheme. I'm guessing he watched some film.

Sounds like Zach Evans has been passed over. Would expect a transfer out, that's just how it works these days.

High school commit Jayden Wright would fit that role.
Ooh, I forgot about him. Nice stature at 5'10" and already 220 pounds! He can hide behind tall linemen and use his thundering thighs to wear down defenders.

His family can come to home games being about seven hours from Kankakee, IL.

I wish they would’ve worked in a third rb instead of giving Darius 33 carries.
I really believe Fleck was sending a message. Take care of the ball (Tyler) and work hard and improve in practice (Evans).
Edit: particularly after watching the post game press conference.

Last edited:

Top Bottom