Darius Taylor through Three Games

touchdownvikings

Reaction score
Darius Taylor through Game 3.png
This histogram includes all 56 of Darius Taylor's carries through three games.

-1/3 of his carries go for 2 yards or less (2 yards is the mode).
-1/3 of his carries go for 3-6 yards (median of 4).
-1/3 of his carries go for 7+ yards.

So based on my personal means of assessing a runner (mode + median + 66th percentile), Darius is a step better than Mo. Mo was 2+4+6 = 12. Darius is 2+4+7 = 13.

And... Darius has never lost a single yard carrying the ball. That's tremendous.

I mean this in the nicest way... I love math nerds! Thank you for sharing - I find this information really interesting and don't think I would come up with it myself.

I'm more of a rock head and just think "I like the way this kid runs the ball"

View attachment 27082
This histogram includes all 56 of Darius Taylor's carries through three games.

-1/3 of his carries go for 2 yards or less (2 yards is the mode).
-1/3 of his carries go for 3-6 yards (median of 4).
-1/3 of his carries go for 7+ yards.

So based on my personal means of assessing a runner (mode + median + 66th percentile), Darius is a step better than Mo. Mo was 2+4+6 = 12. Darius is 2+4+7 = 13.

And... Darius has never lost a single yard carrying the ball. That's tremendous.
This is amazing! Thank you!

He is a nice find.
He needs to keep his pads lower; he runs a bit too upright.

He is a nice find.
He needs to keep his pads lower; he runs a bit too upright.
I’m not sure how one can nitpick a true freshmen running for 330 in his first 2 games… The kid is a straight baller, put in the work to get strong enough for the B1G on day 1. I’m not an RB coach, but if there is any validity in your opinion and he improves on that, opposing defenses are totally screwed. 6 YPC in his first 2 is pretty great!

Will be interesting to see how he does when he faces more power 5 defenses but what he has done through essentially just 2 games is very impressive for a true freshman. Hopefully he keeps it up and we are looking at the beginnings of the next great Minnesota running back.

Top Bottom