Darius Taylor signs with Minneapolis-based agency Team IFA

It shows he HAS to be loyal.
Or he's a typical college kid who wears something because it "looks cool"
I'd estimate 50% of the guys I went to college with wore backwards South Carolina Cocks or Oregon State Beavers caps and I attended neither of those fine institutions.

IFA, Institute For Athletes. Institute. Typically correlated with research or education, perhaps academic. In this case maybe studying bags, bags of money. Studying marketing, contract shenanigans and weasel clauses. I don’t know. Would love to pick the CEO’s ear.

@Taji34 you have a fair point and could easily be correct.

But I don’t think you throw away a whole fall’s worth of opportunities just because you don’t know what transfer options may be there this coming offseason. People could be beating down his door right now. 3x freshman player of the week, out of nowhere.

@Pompous Elitist this isn’t the NIL deal itself, this is his representation. I’d like to think they’d be watching out for him and those clauses and working to get them out of his NIL deals!

@Pompous Elitist this isn’t the NIL deal itself, this is his representation. I’d like to think they’d be watching out for him and those clauses and working to get them out of his NIL deals!

Yep, that’s part of their educational mission, prob. Legalese is best dissected by an experienced subject matter expert but I suppose an experienced agent could spot BS versus standard boilerplate. Legal consults if needed or wanted, though, may not be part of the agent‘s cut. Pure speculation.

I would like to think the agent’s job is not only to go out and find the deals, and manage the deals for the player, but to also act in something equivalent to a fiduciary responsibility in terms of looking out for/doing what’s best for the player. Not just doing what maximizes their own percentage.

Maybe that’s wishful thinking

I would like to think the agent’s job is not only to go out and find the deals, and manage the deals for the player, but to also act in something equivalent to a fiduciary responsibility in terms of looking out for/doing what’s best for the player. Not just doing what maximizes their own percentage.

Maybe that’s wishful thinking
Like with most financial matters and propositions: let the investor beware, do your own due diligence and if the agent is too slick, talks in terms or concepts that you don’t understand, go very slowly. Interview a number of prospects and: if the sales pitch sounds too good to be true: look out…

Last edited:

Top Bottom