Darius Taylor signs with Minneapolis-based agency Team IFA

I'll take this as a sign he's not considering leaving for another school.

I'm so ignorant about this shit. They can sign with an agent? I knew they can get paid, but an actual agency? Didn't know that....

I'm so ignorant about this shit. They can sign with an agent? I knew they can get paid, but an actual agency? Didn't know that....
They’re encouraged to sign with an agency. The agency helps them manage following the rules and etc.

for NIL only. players can have an agent who helps line them up with NIL deals or match them with prospective sponsors. Just can't do anything NFL related.

I think this just means IFA is who he’ll work with, no matter where he is or what NIL deals he’s getting wherever he is …

I think this just means IFA is who he’ll work with, no matter where he is or what NIL deals he’s getting wherever he is …
I mean, if you knew you were thinking about changing schools for NIL wouldn't you wait to sign with an agent that was located in the same area as whatever school you ended up at?

That makes sense on paper to me. I have no idea if these deals lock you in for X years or if it’s year-to-year.

They’re gonna get a cut of whatever deal(s) he has. If he goes to say USC and lands a six figure deal but wants to keep being represented by IFA in Mpls, I doubt they’re gonna be like “screw you!!!”

Someone said the agency was started by a Badger …

I mean, if you knew you were thinking about changing schools for NIL wouldn't you wait to sign with an agent that was located in the same area as whatever school you ended up at?
Possibly, but then again, why is Jaxon Howard, an LSU player, signing with these guys if they can't help with NIL in Louisiana?

It may just mean he wants to maximize his financial opportunities.

Possibly, but then again, why is Jaxon Howard, an LSU player, signing with these guys if they can't help with NIL in Louisiana?
I never said they can't help players in other states, just that it makes more sense to me to wait to sign with an agent if you are intending on switching schools. I personally would rather work with an agent I could meet in person, or at the very least was definitely in the same timezone as me.

I never said they can't help players in other states, just that it makes more sense to me to wait to sign with an agent if you are intending on switching schools. I personally would rather work with an agent I could meet in person, or at the very least was definitely in the same timezone as me.
I would agree and think it isn't a bad thing he is signing with a local compnay. Could he still transfer? Absolutely, but have him coming here and making business here can't be a bad thing.

Difference between Jaxon Howard and Darius Taylor. Jaxon was born and raised here. Darius moved here when he was 18.

Email? Zoom calls?

In my last B2B sales gig, I had a client in the West Coast that I never met and billed six figures.

Email? Zoom calls?

In my last B2B sales gig, I had a client in the West Coast that I never met and billed six figures.
I never said it wasn't possible, but it's certainly easier to find time in a busy schedule with someone when they are relatively co-located with you.

I've worked with folks all across the US and some in Europe, and we made things work, but having to navigate time zone differences was an additional challenge.

Top Bottom