Daquan Crawford off the offical signing list?

He's already in the student directory. I assume that when you register for classes, you've already been admitted to school, but I could be wrong.

I smell a rat and it is the U of M Addmissions. We seem to have a horrible time with JC transfers.

He is also not on the offical football roster for 2011. This roster has already been upgraded to include the 2011 LOI signings from today.

Per Zach Miller on his Strib blog:

"There's a holdup on one of the junior-college recruits, safety Drayquan Crawford, who signed his letter of intent during the midyear JC signing period and enrolled in school. Crawford has been attending classes, so not sure yet what the delay is on listing him among the new recruits -- the football office says it's a paperwork issue -- but he's apparently not officially on the team yet."

Per Zach Miller on his Strib blog:

"There's a holdup on one of the junior-college recruits, safety Drayquan Crawford, who signed his letter of intent during the midyear JC signing period and enrolled in school. Crawford has been attending classes, so not sure yet what the delay is on listing him among the new recruits -- the football office says it's a paperwork issue -- but he's apparently not officially on the team yet."

If there is anything the U is great at, it is making sure every jot and tittle is in place before moving forward on a recruit.

oh they love to turn down JC football recruits...2 last year didn't get in

It wasn't the admissions dept that kept those JC recruits from getting in. They had used up their eligibility, and didn't know it. There wasn't anything even an SEC admissions dept could do about it.

If he's taking classes doesn't that mean he is in? Maybe it is just NCAA clearing which can take a bit longer?

It wasn't the admissions dept that kept those JC recruits from getting in. They had used up their eligibility, and didn't know it. There wasn't anything even an SEC admissions dept could do about it.

I doubt that the issue was admissions. If we had not caught it, they would have been admitted. Then, when it came to light, we would get to forfeit games.

Top Bottom