Dan Wetzel: Patterson’s TCU success is rooted in hard work

BleedGopher

Reaction score
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news;_ylt=AvxG5Tyf.jb3XitQInEoOPI5nYcB?slug=dw-patterson102510

Forget about the silly BCS politics. TCU is an incredible story. And with so much to work with – new stadium, old recruiting turf – why can’t it get better? And why would he leave?

“There are many people who have won national championships at programs that someone else built,” Del Conte, the AD said. “There are very few people that can become iconic. No matter who is at Alabama, it’s still the house that Bear built. All the success that’s happened at Texas, it is still Darrell Royal.

“Gary Patterson is that iconic figure for us. I think at some point you start to just chase ghosts. Colleges around the country are littered with people who thought the grass was greener. Very few people say, ‘I’m going to stake it out on my own.’”

Patterson is excited about the new stadium because it will generate revenue and turn the heads of recruits. It will include larger weight and locker rooms, plusher facilities and all the bells and whistles everyone else has. It should help attendance and atmosphere. Architecturally it will fit into the smallish (8,000-student), but pretty campus.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom