Dan Barreiro implies Fleck wants big $$$

I would guess $2.5 range at least would do the trick? Anything more than that, your paying a coach above some very successful B1G coaches.

He'll get close to 4 or he won't come at all (IMO).

My point was just that he would be foolish to not ask for a lot of money because of our situation. Someone who would make that decision, I think is prone to foolish decisions. I think they are also likely to lack any ability to persuade people. Maybe the money is not there, in which case, it wouldn't work out. That would be quite the blemish on Coyle's record if he thought any logical person in Fleck's situation would take this job for less than $3.5 million.

So yeah, either Fleck isn't the type of person that realizes when he's in the driver's seat and he'd be foolish OR he would be incredibly unpersuasive.

It's like that whole pretty wife thing.

Well Fleck has an agent so I'm pretty sure the agent is doing numbers.

Agreed on Coyle.

Well Fleck has an agent so I'm pretty sure the agent is doing numbers.

Agreed on Coyle.

I get it, but people override their agents all of the time. I guess my point was more of a theoretical one. I was just pointing out that Fleck has all of the leverage and if he's too dumb to realize or too stupid to take advantage of it, I don't think he'd make a good coach. By he, I mean the entire team working on his contract situation.

Totally in agreement with this ...

Fleck's agent is having the quan talk with them right now. Next they have to scream "show me the money" while getting paddled by Fleck's wife before Fleck will sign.

Fleck's agent is having the quan talk with them right now. Next they have to scream "show me the money" while getting paddled by Fleck's wife before Fleck will sign.

First or second wife?

hmm.... $4m for this guy.

U of M is screwed.

{sigh}

That's sort of how contracts go. You can't compare him against the current salaries of the Big 10, you have to compare him against what other people are getting and Brohm got 6 years and $20 million.

That's sort of how contracts go. You can't compare him against the current salaries of the Big 10, you have to compare him against what other people are getting and Brohm got 6 years and $20 million.

Ok, then what will "we"{state of MN} paying the assistants at?

First or second wife?

Fleck's a player, both...one for Coyle and one for Kaler. Don't be surprised if Lou Nanne gets a few wacks as well since they had to call Lou to get the boosters to pay for this train wreck.

Hmmm...hot name coach wants to get paid after stellar year. Keen insight.

SIAP - I don't have the patience to wade through 5 pages

I could obviously be wrong on all of this, but I'd guess a $2-$3 million. Brohm got $3.5 million.

Bob, does it look like "we" will be paying the new assistants the same or more than Claeys?

Bob, does it look like "we" will be paying the new assistants the same or more than Claeys?

Honestly, I have no insight into any of this. However, we'd be paying more. You rarely hire a new staff and pay them less. But I'm not sure.

Fleck's a player, both...one for Coyle and one for Kaler. Don't be surprised if Lou Nanne gets a few wacks as well since they had to call Lou to get the boosters to pay for this train wreck.

I've seen a few posts referring to Nanne but have yet to read anything about his involvement. Is there a source I can read to get up to date on his part in this? Thanks in advance

Top Bottom