Dan Barreiro implies Fleck wants big $$$

Hollinsanity

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dan's tweet: Looks as if it's gonna have to be more like "row the yacht" to get Western Michigan Guy.

Good. If the U is going to make a leap forward and go big time then you have to pay big time money. The days of hiring someone like Brewster or Kill or Claeys has to be over if they canned Claeys.

Compared to what we typically pay coaches, yeah. But my guess is he still won't be in the top half of the conference (or he'll be right on the line).

Fleck's agent can demand the world from these 2 guys.
They are in a bad position.

He has no insight- it's pretty easy to see it'll take a lot of money to get anyone to this S-show.

Compared to what we typically pay coaches, yeah. But my guess is he still won't be in the top half of the conference (or he'll be right on the line).

Tone of the tweet makes it seem unlikely he will be in the conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well he knows we're desperate... AD is under pressure.

My concern is Coyle and Kailer maybe backed us into a wall, without the funds to get out... bad time to hire and fire.

$$$$ will solve all the problems. Believe me.

Brohm got 20 million over 6 years at Purdue. I really doubt Fleck would take less than that. Pony up.

If Purdue just paid Jeff Brohm 3 million the U will at least need to get to that number too.

Fleck's agent can demand the world from these 2 guys.
They are in a bad position.
+1 This. Got to admit that although having the president there speeds things up, it also shows some desperation.

Why not he's got a lot more leverage now and going "back on your word" is standard procedure over at the U. Coyle told Claeys he was gonna rehire him on November 19. Fleck's stance on salary now may even seem a bit ironic.

"Irony: a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result."

It cost $5,000,000 to fire Claeys. Estimating it will cost $5,000,000 to $7,000,000 to hire Fleck and his staff.

Good Luck Coyle!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dan's tweet: Looks as if it's gonna have to be more like "row the yacht" to get Western Michigan Guy.

Beats row the Titanic, no?;)

I look forward to the narrative flopping.

OMG WHY DON'T WE SPEND THE MONEY FOR ONCE!!?!?

to

OMG WHY ARE WE SPENDING SO MUCH MONEY!?!?!?

Barreiro is just stirring the pot. It's what he does.

Brohm got 20 million over 6 years at Purdue. I really doubt Fleck would take less than that. Pony up.

I agree. I assumed Fleck was getting $4million/year. If we came to the table with the idea we were getting pay less than Brohm got, we're delusional.

I look forward to the narrative flopping.

OMG WHY DON'T WE SPEND THE MONEY FOR ONCE!!?!?

to

OMG WHY ARE WE SPENDING SO MUCH MONEY!?!?!?

I, for one, don't care how much we spend on the coach. I'd rather get the best guy and pay for him.

I agree. I assumed Fleck was getting $4million/year. If we came to the table with the idea we were getting pay less than Brohm got, we're delusional.

Not our administrative leaders...never!!:mad:

Many times in these situations where you're dealing with big contracts, you're dealing with big boosters behind the scene.

Many times in these situations where you're dealing with big contracts, you're dealing with big boosters behind the scene.

I got like $7 in my wallet... but need to eat lunch today...

Top Bottom