Damn, another recruit goes a different direction.

That's too bad. We need DB recruits. But always remember way more targets don't sign than do.

Nothing special about Bennett. We may have even pulled his offer. In any event, nothing to lose sleep over. I thought about posting this earlier but didn't think Bennett was worth his own thread.

let him go look at his other offers...he will fit in better at iowa state.

Paul Rhodes is silently doing a very, very good job down there. His recruiting class isn't half bad for Iowa State Community College.

Why did you want him in Maroon and Gold? Three stars?

If you think we don't want as many three stars as we can get at the University of Minnesota, then you are very stupid and your opinion is meaningless. But thanks for trying.

Unless this was all sarcasm. In which case, well played.

Manual committed to us so we then "cooled" on Bennett (using Becky vocabulary). I believe it was an either/or proposition between Bennett and Manual. Looking at the video I think we got the better end of the deal.

Manual committed to us so we then "cooled" on Bennett (using Becky vocabulary). I believe it was an either/or proposition between Bennett and Manual. Looking at the video I think we got the better end of the deal.

What are Bennett's academics like? It looks like there's a good chance Manuel will not pass the clearinghouse, so even if Manuel is better, isn't having a lesser option in Bennett better than having Manuel go the way of Lipscomb, Hill, etc. and ending up with neither?

What are Bennett's academics like? It looks like there's a good chance Manuel will not pass the clearinghouse, so even if Manuel is better, isn't having a lesser option in Bennett better than having Manuel go the way of Lipscomb, Hill, etc. and ending up with neither?

Adrian Bennett was a fall-guy type of player. He hasn't been actively pursued by the gophers because for one Manual is better, and two once he committed to us that paved the way to go after more gifted athletes with our remaining schollys. I would be surprised if the offer is still on the table.

Also, as previous posters have stated before, Manual still has a very decent shot of getting into the U. Many athletes have drastically improved there scores once they realize what they need to do to get into college. Searcy, Lipscomb, Gayden on the other hand....But one thing this does tell me is that they are fairly confident in his ability to get in.

Easterly who is much more highly regarded than Bennett will be visiting also would qualify as a safety, and a 6'4 one at that. Kenny Bell could easily be a safety if he commits as he is being recruited on the defensive side of the ball and has a 6'2 frame.

Kind of a misleading title to this thread. While I have been disappointed that the Gophers haven't gotten more commits out of their official visits (especially the opener), Bennett is THE FIRST player to come on an official visit and commit someplace else. Everyone, besides Bennett, who wasn't committed someplace else when they visited Minnesota has either committed to Minnesota or is still undecided.

Interesting to see that Ibraheim Campbell is one of the "similars" at Rivals. We've offered Campbell, but he appears more interested in a couple of other schools. Hope the thread on him in here last spring in which a couple of knuckleheads berated him didn't contribute to that.

Top Bottom