Damar Hamlin

You should try to stay off of social media on both sides. My guess is that you didn’t get it directly from the conspiracy theorists, but from the lefties that obsessively ruminate about some fringe opinions.

The majority of people that have experience in youth sports likely knew what this was though it’s less common in adults. It was pretty obvious.

So happy that you could make this tragic event political. 🙄
Stay classy bro

I agree, people bring up their politics in this situation are complete and utter trash.

I don’t think the game will be played, Buffalo already flew home (from what I heard). This is such a tragic situation but it sounds like just a freak situation where he was hit really hard in the chest. Scary as hell.

You should try to stay off of social media on both sides. My guess is that you didn’t get it directly from the conspiracy theorists, but from the lefties that obsessively ruminate about some fringe opinions.

The majority of people that have experience in youth sports likely knew what this was though it’s less common in adults. It was pretty obvious.

So happy that you could make this tragic event political. 🙄
This is a trash post.

Yes. It's my fault and not the people pushing the BS. I didn't say anything about political affiliation of anyone.
Liar. Nobody could guess what you were talking about. Not even you…or 1992. You two idiots deserve each other.

39AC1E4B-0EB0-4909-9EDD-BDF146EE6F75.jpeg
92723A27-7CB9-4F97-B6E4-139FEBA9348E.jpeg

You could call out the BS conspiracy peddling. Or you can attack others for calling it out. You choose the later. Telling.
I didn’t make it political. You did. I’m calling out your incessant need to score political points in the middle of a non-political tragedy.

Btw, this isn’t a political forum. This is the sports forum.

Enough said. Now let’s just concern ourselves with Damar Hamlin.

You could call out the BS conspiracy peddling. Or you can attack others for calling it out. You choose the later. Telling.

POS twitter folks.....and KFC feels obligated to stick up for them because they align politically. So weird what herd mentality does to certain people. Got to defend the worst people because they feel it's an attack on themselves as well.

Also....Hamlin's fundraiser is closing in on $4 million this morning. They're going to be able to go beyond the toy drive. He'll be able to build his hometown an entire community center.

I agree, people bring up their politics in this situation are complete and utter trash.

I don’t think the game will be played, Buffalo already flew home (from what I heard). This is such a tragic situation but it sounds like just a freak situation where he was hit really hard in the chest. Scary as hell.

Not nearly as severe, obviously, but I had something similar happen playing in HS football; one of my teammates got run over in front of me on KO coverage, went flat out. Ended up being paralyzed from the neck down, ambulance on the field, the whole works. It's a traumatic thing to see, no doubt about it.

Thoughts and prayers to the Hamlin family.

Not nearly as severe, obviously, but I had something similar happen playing in HS football; one of my teammates got run over in front of me on KO coverage, went flat out. Ended up being paralyzed from the neck down, ambulance on the field, the whole works. It's a traumatic thing to see, no doubt about it.

Thoughts and prayers to the Hamlin family.

Damn, that's awful OO. I imagine that's a moment in time you'll never forget. Any idea how your teammates quality of life has been? What a sad situation.

The Bills/Bengals game will not resume this week. No changes to Week 18 as of yet.

I suppose they could push the AFC playoffs back a week and use the time originally scheduled between the AFC/NFC Championship Week as a make-up.

That's something further down the road as the focus is on Hamlin. Best wishes.

Damn, that's awful OO. I imagine that's a moment in time you'll never forget. Any idea how your teammates quality of life has been? What a sad situation.

He ended up walking at graduation the following spring (with the aid of forearm crutches) but ended up passing away a handful of years later, I believe due to complications from the injury. I forget how many years later, less than 10.

He committed the cardinal sin in football when it comes to collisions; the one moving the slowest (or not at all) will take the worst of it. He met the kick returner, who was already bigger than him, head on and was barely moving while the returner obviously had a full head of steam. Returner just ran him over.

The size of the hit on Commodio cortis actually has isn’t a big factor. Higher probability to happen from low impact. These are always about freak timing. milliseconds on either side of the electrical signal and nothing.

Yeah....SVP is doing an excellent job too. They just needed to get Adam Schefter off screen as quickly as possible.
SVP really pushed “the nfl gave them 5 minutes to get ready to play and these grown men just said no angle”. I heard enough of that pretty quickly and figured that probably wasn’t the whole story. He wouldn’t let it go. Seemed a little weird to me.

Very sad. Would be awesome if he came out of it with minimal or no long term damage.

As for the game....I don't see how the NFL tries to jam it in....especially next week. Call it a tie....and if the Bengals and Bills end up playing one another in the playoffs with the same record....play it in Cleveland or Pittsburgh. Pretty equal distance between the two cities. Manageable drive from both cities for fans of the teams.

The Bills/Bengals game will not resume this week. No changes to Week 18 as of yet.

I suppose they could push the AFC playoffs back a week and use the time originally scheduled between the AFC/NFC Championship Week as a make-up.

That's something further down the road as the focus is on Hamlin. Best wishes.
Anyone have thoughts as to what to do with fantasy football? Our championship, 3rd place and consolation champ were all still undecided going into the game last night. I have no idea what to do.

The size of the hit on Commodio cortis actually has isn’t a big factor. Higher probability to happen from low impact. These are always about freak timing. milliseconds on either side of the electrical signal and nothing.
Wow, I had never heard of Commotio Cordis. That makes perfect sense, for what happened. Freak accident, that "could" (on paper), happen to any football player in otherwise perfect health.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commotio_cordis

Anyone have thoughts as to what to do with fantasy football? Our championship, 3rd place and consolation champ were all still undecided going into the game last night. I have no idea what to do.
I'm in a high stakes league, essentially it's a combination of a bunch of leagues and they take the top three teams in a bunch of leagues and just add up the total points scored in weeks 15, 16, and 17. The guy in 4th place was down by 14 points and had Burrow and Mixon remaining (the other top teams were done). As of right now, he is out about $145,000. The rules had a legacy COVID rule "if game cancelled due to COVID. . . ", but there aren't any details on how to handle this situation.

As far as your league, there aren't a ton of teams who aren't still playing. Can you just push the championship to next week?

Or you could do next week with some mathematical formula to include week 17 results.

So like if you play 8 people and the person only had 6 play, you'd break it down something like this.

Total Championship Week: Week 18 + ((Week 17 points / 6) * 8)

That's not really fair for people with Allen or Diggs so maybe you could just add week 18 + week 17 (and for Bills & Bengals use their predicted point total).

There are no good solutions.

SVP really pushed “the nfl gave them 5 minutes to get ready to play and these grown men just said no angle”. I heard enough of that pretty quickly and figured that probably wasn’t the whole story. He wouldn’t let it go. Seemed a little weird to me.
They were pushing that narrative before anyone even knew what was going to happen.

They were pushing that narrative before anyone even knew what was going to happen.
Shocking to see espn pushing this agenda….shocking I tell ya. I would definitely not describe van pelt’s performance as good or better.

You might have to pull out your 2020 COVID rules for cancelled games.

Statement from the Buffalo Bills indicate Hamlin's condition is improving.

The games in the league I run were not close, the trailing team needed 100 points from Burrow and Jamar Chase, so we're just calling it. If they were close, we would either let them count the effected players points in week 18, or give them what their projected points were.

The games in the league I run were not close, the trailing team needed 100 points from Burrow and Jamar Chase, so we're just calling it. If they were close, we would either let them count the effected players points in week 18, or give them what their projected points were.
I think we’re leaning towards using projected points.

Just listening to Rand's podcast with Dr. Louis Kohl, an interventional cardiologist at HCMC. He had the same speculation that most cardiologists had. A perfect storm of when and where on the body that contact was made caused the heart attack.

Besides the vaccine one, I have seen several people claim the game was not called off more quickly
because the NFL wanted to be able to run more commercials for ad revenue.
The NFL took heat the night of the game for not postponing the game right away.

One thing I had not thought of at the time, was had they cancelled/postponed immediately that the traffic caused by the fans leaving the stadium might have delayed the ambulance from getting to the hospital. I heard this aspect brought up a few times on TV/Radio the next day.

The NFL took heat the night of the game for not postponing the game right away.

One thing I had not thought of at the time, was had they cancelled/postponed immediately that the traffic caused by the fans leaving the stadium might have delayed the ambulance from getting to the hospital. I heard this aspect brought up a few times on TV/Radio the next day.
Same reason the Twins played on when the bridge collapsed in 2007. The authorities asked them to please play. They did not need 20,000 extra people trying to leave the area right then.

As for the whole "You have 5 minutes to warm up" many are so indignant about, there's no indication anyone in authority ever said they were going to re-start. Probably some poor NFL staffer told ESPN what the normal procedure would be if there is a significant delay and they went with it.

Top Bottom