Dalai Lama promotes the U

CarterAveKing

Reaction score
The Dalai Lama was/is in Rochester this week. He spoke at St. Mary's and was wearing a Gopher visor! Since Kill is going after players that want to be here, I wonder if the Lama has used up his eligibility. Big hitter, the Lama. :cool:

Dalai Lama.jpg

The Dalai Lama was/is in Rochester this week. He spoke at St. Mary's and was wearing a Gopher visor! Since Kill is going after players that want to be here, I wonder if the Lama has used up his eligibility. Big hitter, the Lama. :cool:

View attachment 1528

Well the team should have good karma anyway.

View attachment 1528

Isn't that's maroon and gold he is wearing? Sign him up!

By the way did you hear what the Buddhist said to the hot dog vender when he was asked what he would like? "Make me one with everything."

Damn straight he's a big hitter...
Norwood should talk to him.

It seems to me every year there is something about the Dalai Lama visitting the U or is that just me?

By the way did you hear what the Buddhist said to the hot dog vender when he was asked what he would like? "Make me one with everything."

The Buddhist paid with a $50 bill. After an ackward silence, he asked the hot dog vendor for change. The vendor responded, "Change can only come from within."

It seems to me every year there is something about the Dalai Lama visitting the U or is that just me?

He gets a yearly physical at the Mayo Clinic, so he's in Minnesota fairly frequently. That's why he is in the state currently. Was only on campus once that I know of, which I last Juneish.

He gets a yearly physical at the Mayo Clinic, so he's in Minnesota fairly frequently. That's why he is in the state currently. Was only on campus once that I know of, which I last Juneish.
That's probably it. Just seems like I always hear abut him in Minnesota and the U story from last summer is just the most recent memory in my mind.

From now on, when Gopher fans die, on their death bed, they will receive total consciousness. So we've got that goin' for us, which is nice.

He is also here at the request of a fairly large Tibetan community in Minnesota. They sponsor fund raising events for him and the community.

The Dalai Lama also regularly comes here because Minnesota has the 2nd largest Tibetan community in America.

Congress under the Immigration Act of 1990 granted one thousand immigrant visas to Tibetans living in India and Nepal. With the help of a group of volunteers and American host families, 160 Tibetans were settled in the Twin Cities area in 1992-93. Over the years, with gradual re-unification of family members, the Twin Cities’ Tibetan American population increased many fold to approximately three thousand. Minnesota now has the second largest Tibetan American community in the United States.

The Dalai Lama has complete inner peace and does not have hate in his body, except for the state of Wisconsin.

He gave a lecture at Northrop several years ago, early 2000's. Really good speech, and FUNNY, which sort of surprised me. They had Tibetan yaks grazing in the Northrop Plaza.

My dentist told me some years ago that the Dalai Lama always eschews novocain when undergoing any form of oral procedure because he's trying to achieve sans dental medication.

He gave a lecture at Northrop several years ago, early 2000's. Really good speech, and FUNNY, which sort of surprised me. They had Tibetan yaks grazing in the Northrop Plaza.

I hated that. It was nothing but yak, yak, yak! But then I realized it was all in mind.

I hated that. It was nothing but yak, yak, yak! But then I realized it was all in mind.

I found out the same thing, but then I realized that I was at a Ladies Aid meeting at church.

I have a friend...who heard it from a friend...who drove past the stadium the other day, that the Dalai Lama will not be attending the U. Apparently it has to do with a conflict in beliefs. His report to me:

As you all are aware, D. Lama was being recruited as a wide receiver at the U. He has been highly touted by various recruiting agencies. Scout calls him 'the rocket reborn' and had ranked him 4 moons. Another recruiting agency had given him 97 points on an alphabetical scale. Nicknamed 'His Holiness' for his famous leaps of faith, he would have been the star of this year's class.

This conflict of beliefs coming so soon after the Californian Kicker incident had the U officials down playing the religious angle and insisting that it was all football.

A named official stated, "D. Lama was under the impression that his run to Gopher Nirvana would be the middle path, however, Coach Kill could not rule out the use of the Hail Mary."

Top Bottom