Dabo Swinney asked about NIL: "We built this program on NIL. We really did. ... We built this program in God's Name, Image and Likeness."

What a stupid comment, sure he was going for some humor but whiffed......badly....

Dabo is a creepy dude…

It’s those kinda lines and ideas that let you excuse just about any behavior.

If Dabo really did this, perhaps he should declare Clemson Football a church. They always get the most money and fanciest facilities, and never have to pay taxes.

That doesn't seem that far off base. I went to a Clemson game a few years ago and before kickoff there was a prayer across the entire stadium plus the pledge of allegiance.

I love this. Corny as shit and effective for a lot of players and families. It's exactly what Dabo does.

I also love the wacko faux outrage reaction to any kind of religious comment. Very entertaining.
A couple things...I think it's real; and I don't think its outrage as much as it is distaste. My eyeballs hurt from rolling so much.

Also, hard to say if stuff like this is effective or not. A friend of mine played college football at a state university. They had team prayer every day at practice and before games. He said the he and many of his teammates went along with it not because they felt it made a difference, but only because they didn't want to deal with any repercussions if they didn't.

Oh no you mean they are upholding the constitution rather than allowing you to force your religion on others?
My initial post was meant as nothing more than humor. I am about as apolitical as you can get.

Top Bottom