Dabo slams Ohio State by ranking them 11th in poll

Ranking them 11th is a joke. You could make a case for maybe keeping them out of the top 4 but putting them 11th is just stupid. Especially when Dabo had to know his team was almost certainly going to be facing them in the CFP.

The bulletin board angle gets overplayed but still foolish to give them anything to rally behind.

He's clearly trolling. Ranking CC at 10 and keeping Florida at 5 after two straight losses is ridiculous among others.

He's clearly trolling. Ranking CC at 10 and keeping Florida at 5 after two straight losses is ridiculous among others.

Having a coaches poll in the first place is stupid. Coaches are laser focused on their team and the teams they are going to be playing. They don't have time to pay attention to what other teams around the country are doing.

Can pretty much guarantee the only way Dabo or any other Power 5 coach has seen a minute of Coastal Carolina footage was if they shared a common opponent with them and were scouting game film.

Ohio state only won 6 games.
Voting them 11th isn’t wrong if you view playing 10+ games as really important

if Ohio state needed this “bulletin board” material to get pumped for the game they didn’t have a chance anyways

Having a coaches poll in the first place is stupid. Coaches are laser focused on their team and the teams they are going to be playing. They don't have time to pay attention to what other teams around the country are doing.

Can pretty much guarantee the only way Dabo or any other Power 5 coach has seen a minute of Coastal Carolina footage was if they shared a common opponent with them and were scouting game film.
Disagree. Coaches watch other teams all the time apart from themselves and opponents for ideas.
There is definitely a chance he hasn’t watched coastal. There is equal chance he did because they’re doing some pretty innovative stuff on offense that other teams are starting to “borrow”

CC is also in South Carolina. The Clemson world this year has been saying it’s great to have a second football school in South Carolina, which is their way of trolling the Gamecocks. Voting CC #10 is a great way to troll the Gamecocks.

CC is also in South Carolina. The Clemson world this year has been saying it’s great to have a second football school in South Carolina, which is their way of trolling the Gamecocks. Voting CC #10 is a great way to troll the Gamecocks.
Trolling is clearly what the coaches poll was intended for.

He knows the Coaches Poll is a relic, and needs to be retired.

Ohio state only won 6 games.
Voting them 11th isn’t wrong if you view playing 10+ games as really important

if Ohio state needed this “bulletin board” material to get pumped for the game they didn’t have a chance anyways

9+

He has Cinci higher than Ohio State and they only played 9 games.

Disagree. Coaches watch other teams all the time apart from themselves and opponents for ideas.
There is definitely a chance he hasn’t watched coastal. There is equal chance he did because they’re doing some pretty innovative stuff on offense that other teams are starting to “borrow”

You can't think has anything to do with him actually watching the games. You can make an argument he is obsessed with an arbitrary number of wins. That number seems to be 8. That's arbitrary but at least it isn't a flat-out lie.

If the argument is that he thinks Iowa State, Coastal Carolina, or Cinci are on Ohio State's level after watching them play, he is lying.

You can't think has anything to do with him actually watching the games. You can make an argument he is obsessed with an arbitrary number of wins. That number seems to be 8. That's arbitrary but at least it isn't a flat-out lie.

If the argument is that he thinks Iowa State, Coastal Carolina, or Cinci are on Ohio State's level after watching them play, he is lying.
He isn’t voting for who he thinks is best. He is voting for who he thinks has achieved the most.

He isn’t voting for who he thinks is best. He is voting for who he thinks has achieved the most.

That's even more absurd. Do you think Dabo really thinks that Ohio State would have accomplished just enough if they would have somehow gotten past Texas State and Campbell? That would have magically gotten them to that 8 win mark.

For some reason, I don't think Dabo considers beating a bunch of cans to be a larger accomplishment than beating a couple fewer solid teams. He isn't that dumb.

That's even more absurd. Do you think Dabo really thinks that Ohio State would have accomplished just enough if they would have somehow gotten past Texas State and Campbell? That would have magically gotten them to that 8 win mark.

For some reason, I don't think Dabo considers beating a bunch of cans to be a larger accomplishment than beating a couple fewer solid teams. He isn't that dumb.
I would argue he is exactly that dumb and he would argue publicly his rationale if forced

Not defending him but it is possible that he thinks that OSU is not that good and that the Big 10 is garbage. He must have several reasons.

Not defending him but it is possible that he thinks that OSU is not that good and that the Big 10 is garbage. He must have several reasons.
I think Ohio state is top 4
I would pick them to beat Clemson but not Bama (and I think they will)

I think the rest of the big ten is below average this year.
2020 Indiana and northwestern would’ve finished 7th in the big ten last year

Iowa was MUCH better last year and finished higher in the standings this year

if you think everyone in the big ten is below average, it makes sense you don’t reward Ohio state in your ranking

Dabo is sure pulling out his douche card a lot this year. It’s easy to troll when you have Lawrence as your QB. I’d pick a lot of fights if Brock Lesnar was my best friend. 😁

I think Ohio state is top 4
I would pick them to beat Clemson but not Bama (and I think they will)

I think the rest of the big ten is below average this year.
2020 Indiana and northwestern would’ve finished 7th in the big ten last year

Iowa was MUCH better last year and finished higher in the standings this year

if you think everyone in the big ten is below average, it makes sense you don’t reward Ohio state in your ranking
I would vote OSU top 4 no question but do think Clemson will beat them.

I want OSU to win that game

I do as well. But, I also think the B1G this year was pretty garbage AND OSU will suffer from not having played better competition so I am not too hopeful in the playoffs for them. I can see Dabo ranking them low based on lack of number and quality of wins. But, for Clemson, they beat a garbage Miami team and split with ND. As for ND, they beat a decent NC team and split with Clemson - so we get a bit of circular logic with the best 2 teams between Clemson and ND were Miami and NC. So, by OSU beating a good Indiana team and a quality NW team WITHOUT LOSING, I think it is hypocritical on the part of Dabo to hold anything against OSU.

I don't know about the ranking but I love the fact that Dabo has just challenged the Buckeye's manhood. Elevates the stakes. I can't remember hearing a coach belittle a future opponent so directly. He may as well have said "You guys suck and we're gonna kick your XXX." Dabo doesn't care about billboards or false courtesy. Good for him. Be interesting to see how OSU responds. But I'm giving the 7.5 points and betting on Dabo.

Lol no.

Dabo was doing nothing more than marketing for the game. Trying to put out bad blood, pump up interest in the game, make talking points, etc.

Top Bottom