Dabo: It's chaos right now. Tampering galore. Adults manipulating young men. Education is like the last thing right now.

Unless it's a kid that really breaks through as a late bloomer superstar, I don't think this will be as prevalent as some fear. I think a lot of guys would rather shine where they are.

It will be guys down the depth chart transferring. If the Gophers can pick up depth guys from the national powers and shed sub par depth guys to lower programs it's a win win. I think we are in the sweet spot to benefit from the transfers...

He's right. The every-year portal has to go - return to a one year wait for transfer.

I'm not sure how I feel about it....yet. So far it has worked to the Gophers (football) benefit. Definitely helps having Fleck here long term....and having Fleck as a younger guy with energy and the ability to sell himself. Good situation until it isn't.

A vast majority of the players in the portal were not starters on their team and were not going to be starters in the future. If the kid still wants to play football he should be able to try to go someplace where he may have a better chance at starting or playing more.

We should not penalize kids for making a possibly poor decision when he is 18 years old

It's NEVER been about the education of these young men... it's always been a out making big-time bucks
No, it was once students who wanted to play sports. The big money wasn't there until television took over sports. I agree it became pro. A helluva shame.

Top Bottom