D McNeil

I agree 100%. Their ability to not only identify talent, but also identify area's that need improvement in the team and close the gaps has been impressive. If we can get tangible postseason experience this year, next year could be special.

Another hidden benefit of McNeil is that he has proven he can give us minutes at the point. This is big considering that in 2015 we are probably looking at a freshman PG (hopefully Jarvis Johnson). Having McNeil on the roster makes that a little less scary.

Wasn't there a certain "inside" group of individuals who said that Mcneil was just brought in to fill space with his schollie, and had no right to ever see the court, let alone play in the big ten? When I heard that I thought that was ludacris, since why would Rich ever bring in a 4 year guy he didn't at least feel somewhat promising about. Even if Mcneil simply is a solid defender for the next 3 years, and plays hard he will be worth his scholarship. Every team needs accountable role players like that.

Really I think it was just some individuals upset by Tubby leaving, and Rich being seen as handed the job due to his dad.

Yeah I remember a poster claiming there were people baffled by Pitino's decision to bring in McNeil and that he was a total waste of a scholarship. I can't remember who it was.

The thing I like most about McNeil is his composure. He's under control and has done a nice job at PG, much better than the senior Mav. If he improves his shot he'll be a really nice offensive player and he has the length and quickness to be a good defender as well.

Another hidden benefit of McNeil is that he has proven he can give us minutes at the point. This is big considering that in 2015 we are probably looking at a freshman PG (hopefully Jarvis Johnson). Having McNeil on the roster makes that a little less scary.

Mason could potentially start at PG for us too.

Not true. Pitino gave credit to the strength coach (sorry no name on my recall list) who also did it with the guy at Kentucky back in the 90's.

Nazr Mohammed, who eventually had an NBA career.

ETA: I guess he's still in the NBA. Crazy. 15 year career, not too shabby.

I've seen him play the same numbers of times you have and never once said he was better than a 3 year B1G starter Austin Hollins. I also said if they have to decide today. Ask our friends on the football side of the house, how often JUCO's signed on NSD during the Brewster era never quite made it to Dinkytown. Numerous posters and his current coach have commented on how he needs to gain strength. Even a novice such as yourself, should notice on film he doesn't have a B1G ready body.

Pollyanna, does any of this ring a bell?

Pollyanna, does any of this ring a bell?

It's interesting that you bumped an old thread to have a conversation with yourself. By the way, your bit with calling people Pollyanna went stale a long time ago.

It's interesting that you bumped an old thread to have a conversation with yourself. By the way, your bit with calling people Pollyanna went stale a long time ago.

He calls Madtown Pollyanna.

The rest of us use the word Pollyanna to signify when we are being overwhelmingly positive.

He bumped this to try and prove something about Carlos Morris needing to put on weight from the PP article. I think its funny though, in the same post that he bumped, he also is suggesting that Carlos will not make it to campus.

He calls Madtown Pollyanna.

The rest of us use the word Pollyanna to signify when we are being overwhelmingly positive.

He bumped this to try and prove something about Carlos Morris needing to put on weight from the PP article. I think its funny though, in the same post that he bumped, he also is suggesting that Carlos will not make it to campus.

Gotcha. I was being sarcastic about having a conversation with himself. I was thinking he called more people Pollyanna though, but either way, it just sounds lame every time he says it. It will be fun to see him backtrack about Morris if (hopefully when) he becomes a major contributor for us.

Gotcha. I was being sarcastic about having a conversation with himself. I was thinking he called more people Pollyanna though, but either way, it just sounds lame every time he says it. It will be fun to see him backtrack about Morris if (hopefully when) he becomes a major contributor for us.

He wont.

Top Bottom