Cut Bait or Wait?

The "M" club recommended Mark Trestman to Maturi before TB was hired, and Maturi said he was AD and would make the hire!! Trestman wanted to come, but instead he went to canada to win a Grey Cup.!! I wonder if he would consider coming now???

The "M" club recommended Mark Trestman to Maturi before TB was hired, and Maturi said he was AD and would make the hire!! Trestman wanted to come, but instead he went to canada to win a Grey Cup.!! I wonder if he would consider coming now???

Mike Hohensee won an Arena Bowl title.!! I wonder if he would consider coming???

Did Trestman want to come here because he was just fired by North Carolina State?

Mike Hohensee won an Arena Bowl title.!! I wonder if he would consider coming????

sarcasm/

Mike Tice
Tony Dungy
Bob Nielson
Bear Bryant
Jo Pa

/sarcasm

And I know you were being facetious too.

The stadium is fantastic, the band is fantastic, Mpls is a great city... everything is great until the game starts... You can't get a winning team here? I don't believe it ! Joel had better be getting prospects lined up soon - do a Tubby for the football team.

Exactly. The problem isn't with other non-revenue sports, or a low budget. There are plenty of elements in place for a successful program. The problem is with hiring a coach who was completely unqualified over other, better candidates who were interested in the job. This hiring was Maturi's little experiment and it has been a dismal failure. And as long as Maturi has any say when it comes to hiring or firing the head coach of the football program, these problems will persist.

Maturi needs to go before there can be any chance of this program turning around. Brew's record has been brutal and his incessant big promises have provided the nails for his own coffin. Until a new AD gets here and makes football a real priority, this will never get better. The only thing left this season is to see if that number is the loss column can hit double digits, I say yes.

I agree, start the process though and hire a new AD before the end of the football season. Tell Brewster he is done at the end of the season and let him decide. If he chooses to stay to the end of the season, great. If not, so be it, it really doesn't matter. This season is lost anyway.

If Maturi were to fire Brewster before the end of the season, who would he name as the interim coach?

I would guess that he would interview players and coaches to determine who has their confidence (maybe he already did that after the USD game). Lets say, for the sake of arguement, that it is Thomas Hammock (due primarily to seniority and consistency) or Jeff Horton (due to actual college head coaching experience). Would either of these choices hinder recruiting for 2011 any worse than recruiting with a coach that 95% of the world believes will not be the coach next season?

I don't know the answer, but I suspect that its an equally bad position to be in either way. The benefit to pulling the trigger now would be to name an incoming head coach even before the final game of the season (if there is someone currently available like Jagodinski or Belotti).

Top Bottom