Current Scholarship Count

swingman

Reaction score
Burns reporting on his 247 site Clay Geary may be returning for year 7, may be on scholarship.

Burns has some very detailed reporting on projected depth charts for 2022 this week.

swelna

Reaction score
Burns reporting on his 247 site Clay Geary may be returning for year 7, may be on scholarship.

Burns has some very detailed reporting on projected depth charts for 2022 this week.
Interesting, I'll update if we get some further confirmation on the scholarship

Gophers_4life

Reaction score
I would think Brock would transfer to go play with Zach? Wild guess, might as well wait until/if there is an announcement.

swelna

Reaction score
Updated with Chris Smith commit. We are now officially at 85 scholarships if no more transfer out and no walk-ons get scholarships. I expect this number to change after the February signing day/spring camp.

Last edited:

#2Gopher

Reaction score
Updated with Chris Smith commit. We are no officially at 85 scholarships if no more transfer out and no walk-ons get scholarships. I expect this number to change after the February signing day/spring camp.
If I read this correctly (you have a typo), this means that a walk on who could very well deserve a scholarship will not get one. That can go against us as well as we tout the walk-on program where if you work hard and prove you're one of the boys, you'll get a scholarship. Wonder what percentage of walk-ons get a scholarship anyway?

Gophers_4life

Reaction score
If I read this correctly (you have a typo), this means that a walk on who could very well deserve a scholarship will not get one. That can go against us as well as we tout the walk-on program where if you work hard and prove you're one of the boys, you'll get a scholarship. Wonder what percentage of walk-ons get a scholarship anyway?
You can all but guarantee some scholarship guys are going to transfer out after Spring ball, and they figure out they aren't going to be as high up on the depth chart as they want with their eligibility clock ticking down.

swelna

Reaction score
Oops, I'll edit it. And like Gophers_4life said, there will be a few transfers after spring ball to open up spots. Usually it seems like PJ dolls out 2 to 4 a year to walk-ons, so they don't need to open up too much space.

Again, like my original post says, usually at this point in the year we're over by like 4 scholarships and it always works out, so the fact that we've only just hit the cap mean PJ has more room to work with than normal actually.

noamfromm

Reaction score
Is Sullivan on scholarship?

Axel Ruschmeyer is on scholarship (I believe) and staying.

I think Cooper and Udoibok were gray shirt to scholarship guys.

LeCaptain I think was awarded a scholarship.
Sullivan was not. None of the others are guaranteed multi semester scholarships

Top Bottom