Current Scholarship Count

Was Brock on scholarship?
I seem to recall there was some speculation that essentially there was one scholarship to be had between Brock and Zach, and before Zach was allowed to receive it (had to wait 1 year from enrolling, because we had already signed 25 new scholarship players for that class), they gave it to Brock to keep warm that fall.

So, I'm guessing not.

Updated with the departure of Jonathan Mann. The last day to enter your name in the portal was May 1st, but we may slowly hear throughout the week who entered in the last few days it was open.

You can delete Solomon Brown.

As to walk-ons, it is certain that Jordan Howden is on scholarship (4th year starting). I also suspect that Axel Ruschmeyer is on scholarship; he might start this year.

You can delete Solomon Brown.

As to walk-ons, it is certain that Jordan Howden is on scholarship (4th year starting). I also suspect that Axel Ruschmeyer is on scholarship; he might start this year.
Updated, and yeah, that's why I called out the walk-ons that previously had scholarships as they may or may not receive them again because I think it's year-to-year. Even with those 2 getting scholarships, we'd have space for 1 more transfer or walk-on getting rewarded.

Updated, and yeah, that's why I called out the walk-ons that previously had scholarships as they may or may not receive them again because I think it's year-to-year. Even with those 2 getting scholarships, we'd have space for 1 more transfer or walk-on getting rewarded.
Interesting to see what PJ is dealing with roster-wise. The struggle is real.

Interesting to see what PJ is dealing with roster-wise. The struggle is real.

Is it a struggle or an opportunity? To me, it appears we have lost - outside of Bucky, Ky and MJ Anderson - mostly guys who definitely weren't seeing the field this year (if ever). We added 4-6 guys who will definitely see the field this year. Still seems like we are coming out ahead in the portal game.

Plus, all these solid kids who gave the U a shot but were stuck down the depth chart now have a chance at a fresh start without sitting a year.

Seems like a win-win for a program like ours

I should say that the juggling act is real. I think (agree with you) that we have harvested much more from the portal than we have lost to it. Struggle is to stay at 85 scholarships, with all the opportunities that present themselves. Having said that, I really like the team as currently composed. My only concern is inexperience along OL. Talent, size, strength is there … but is communication and coordination? It will have to be there by game #4.

Top Bottom