Current 2023 Scholarship outlook

Updated with Jacob Schuster in the portal. With 3 scholarships open, I think Kesich and maybe LeCaptain are probably getting scholarships for this year (since I think they have to be renewed each time for walk ons). That leave 1 or 2 to give to walk-ons/transfers. Unless we grab a transfer in the next couple of weeks before summer camp, I expect we see some walk-ons get the remaining scholarships.

Updated with Jacob Schuster in the portal. With 3 scholarships open, I think Kesich and maybe LeCaptain are probably getting scholarships for this year (since I think they have to be renewed each time for walk ons). That leave 1 or 2 to give to walk-ons/transfers. Unless we grab a transfer in the next couple of weeks before summer camp, I expect we see some walk-ons get the remaining scholarships.
Gopher Football is now at a highly competitive level. The proof of the pudding is the practices and team workouts. The Gophers make no preferential treatment between a high school scholarship player, a Transfer Portal player, or a PWO player.

Players must measure up to the standards. Players will move up or down the depth charts. Some will transfer out. Others change their college plans if they don't measure up. Most first-year scholarship players will redshirt. Many will go through the strength and conditioning and development program. Many developmental players reach their peak in their third and fourth years.

I feel the last remaining scholarship will go to a walk on. The kick/punt returner Redding, Colton Gregorson, Jordan Nubin.

Top Bottom