Cumulative Record Since 2019

Last edited:

I don’t feel like this thread has gotten the attention it warrants… in the past 4 years we have a better record than both Penn State and Wisconsin, and yet there seems to be a grumpy demeanor being perpetuated in this forum.
Perhaps there's already too many of these threads here that are trying to make the Fleckster look like he's Sabin and Smart rolled into one. Maybe compare who these wins were over? In the last 6 years, we have won just 9 games against Power 5 opponents who would finish the season above .500. In 2022, it was Wisconsin and Syracuse; both were 6 time losers. He's 3-3 against Wisconsin, and people act like we're in the midst of a 20 games win streak. He's 0-6 against Iowa, and you want to throw out 2020 and act like he's 5-0 because we coulda, woulda, shoulda won. It's tiresome.......

Perhaps there's already too many of these threads here that are trying to make the Fleckster look like he's Sabin and Smart rolled into one. Maybe compare who these wins were over? In the last 6 years, we have won just 9 games against Power 5 opponents who would finish the season above .500. In 2022, it was Wisconsin and Syracuse; both were 6 time losers. He's 3-3 against Wisconsin, and people act like we're in the midst of a 20 games win streak. He's 0-6 against Iowa, and you want to throw out 2020 and act like he's 5-0 because we coulda, woulda, shoulda won. It's tiresome.......

And in the previous 6 years we won just 9 games against P5 opponents who would finish above .500. 4 of them were 6 time losers. No wins over teams that finished ranked. Never finished a season ranked. Played 4 more games during that timespan, so more chances to have more wins, plus no weird covid year affecting practice, games, and recruiting. 40-37 overall, 20-29 in the B1G. 2-10 vs Iowa/Wisconsin. 1-3 in bowl games.

Yeah I'll take PJ and a 44-27 record overall, 26-26 in the B1G. 3-9 vs Wisconsin/Iowa, finishing ranked in the top 10. 2 wins over teams that finished ranked, 1 in the top 10. 4-0 in bowl games. No embarrassing scandals. A step up by nearly every metric with a lot more hope for the future.

Perhaps there's already too many of these threads here that are trying to make the Fleckster look like he's Sabin and Smart rolled into one.
Find me one thread trying to make PJ into Sabin and Smart rolled into one. Congrats, only second person on ignore and you made it the first day I actually paid attention, Dipshit.

Each year is different with variables such as the schedule, injuries to MN and their opponents, upgrades to HCs at NE and WI, etc.
Next year the schedule is much more difficult than this year, Mo is gone as are some key players.
If MN wins the West then progress, not stagnation can be claimed.
Why folks keep looking back instead of forward is beyond me.

You’ve been on here a couple weeks and have had nothing but pessimistic and negative posts. It’s tiresome. Also obviously you’re a troll. Have fun til you’re banned and back to playing with light sabers I guess.

We are making good progress. We have quality depth two and even three deep. Not long ago we were lacking B1G players to start. Progress will continue. This is unusual for Minnesota football the last 50 years. The West will be very competitive.

Top Bottom