Culture change, rivalrys and national perspectives

lucasjfoster

Reaction score
Since I became a gopher fan in 2012 I have been waiting..we all had to suffer through the run dominant, average, underwhelming offenses and boring defensive games that came with kill and claey. So I think we all have been waiting for people to finally understand what I saw in Minnesota football and why we all cared. This game is the most important game in modern gopher football. Hands down... and I don’t even think it’s even close.

Too long we have been seen as the little brother of the west. A team that can be good every couple years but can’t ever win the whole thing. I’m tired of having this mentality. Never have we had a better opportunity to do something we haven’t done in 50 years. This team is different, if we beat Wisconsin, the momentum will be west of the Mississippi for many years. I want them scared, the years of dominance is over. The difference in this game will be our WRs we are gonna need a complete performance. No drops or wasted opportunities. This is a huge opportunity. Don’t be afraid to be a legend

Since I became a gopher fan in 2012 I have been waiting..we all had to suffer through the run dominant, average, underwhelming offenses and boring defensive games that came with kill and claey. So I think we all have been waiting for people to finally understand what I saw in Minnesota football and why we all cared. This game is the most important game in modern gopher football. Hands down... and I don’t even think it’s even close.

Too long we have been seen as the little brother of the west. A team that can be good every couple years but can’t ever win the whole thing. I’m tired of having this mentality. Never have we had a better opportunity to do something we haven’t done in 50 years. This team is different, if we beat Wisconsin, the momentum will be west of the Mississippi for many years. I want them scared, the years of dominance is over. The difference in this game will be our WRs we are gonna need a complete performance. No drops or wasted opportunities. This is a huge opportunity. Don’t be afraid to be a legend

If the weather report is accurate passing with a 17 mph wind might be a tad difficult. Let us hope it is not accurate. I was at an important Gopher game at Indiana some years back and Bryon Cupito had his, by far, worst game as a Gopher QB in a similar wind.

This is in fun mind you, but suffering since 2012? You have not even registered on the meter!

As a season-ticket holder since 1999, I have weathered a lot of rough years too. There are a lot of other "old-timers" that saw bad years dating back to the mid-70's.

I'm not going to get into my feelings on history and past coaches. We all have our opinion on those topics and none of us are 100% right (even looking retrospectively).

I totally agree; the years of dominance are over. If you look at the 15 +/- years before last year's Axe victory we were 0-14 against Wisconsin and we've gone 4-14 against Iowa since 2001 - so that is a cumulative record of 4-28 or .125%. My prediction is that in the next 15 years the Gophers will be at least .400 to .600 against those two teams and we will continue to dominate the other Big Ten West teams. Division Championships will be in play for these Gophers the majority of years come mid-November.

In other words, the Giant has awoken. Rah!

Top Bottom