Crown the champs

Meh. It'll make each of their losses all the more satisfying. Part of the fun of watching Nebraska struggle so much has been the predictable cycle of hype followed by failure. Hoping the same holds true for Wisconsin, but who knows. At the end of the day, I don't really care if people hype up Wisconsin. I'd rather they didn't do it on our message board, but elsewhere it doesn't really matter.

The whole list is LOL. Texas A&M and they cite losing 25 players in the portal. There is zero idea of the gel of these teams, much less who will even be on the roster come fall. Wait til after spring camp at least and we’ll see. There will absolutely be more attrition coming

People seem to believe that WI caught the issue in time and can save the program from going the direction of Nebraska. NE seems to need a complete overhaul and expectations are a bit tempered.

we talk about the badgers more about the badgers on here than the gophers. living rent-free. let's calm down and see what happens. boy who cried wolf situation going on here

honestly, I think it will be really interesting to see what WI does next year with all of the changes.

It could work great, or it could turn into a total mess.

as we've talked about, the West division is going to be very different. I think it will be a lot of fun to see what happens.

and hey, if WI under the new regime turns out to be a playoff contender, I may not like it, but at the same time, it will be a fairly impressive feat. as opposed to fairly impressive feet.

honestly, I think it will be really interesting to see what WI does next year with all of the changes.

as we've talked about, the West division is going to be very different. I think it will be a lot of fun to see what happens.

and hey, if WI under the new regime turns out to be a playoff contender, I may not like it, but at the same time, it will be a fairly impressive feat. as opposed to fairly impressive feet.
Could be a disaster and then work out too.. hard to know.

Agree that the West next year is going to be really interesting to see what changes the new coaches make. Will Wisconsin start slinging the ball all over the field, will Purdue sling it around less, will Nebraska ever figure out how to get back to a bowl game?

In terms of Wisconsin, I think the odds are low that it turns out to be a mess with Fickell but I also don't think he is going to be able to propel them above the success they were routinely having under Chryst. Some of their fans expect to see their program on par with OSU, PSU, Mich but that isn't going to happen.

In terms of Wisconsin, I think the odds are low that it turns out to be a mess with Fickell but I also don't think he is going to be able to propel them above the success they were routinely having under Chryst. Some of their fans expect to see their program on par with OSU, PSU, Mich but that isn't going to happen.

Well, Fickell could be more successful than Chryst and Wisconsin might reach the PSU level but I don't think that's going to happen next season.

Well, Fickell could be more successful than Chryst and Wisconsin might reach the PSU level but I don't think that's going to happen next season.
Maybe, but Chryst only lost more than 4 games twice (2018, 2022) and topped the 10 win threshold 4 times.

Key for Fickell will be getting them back to playing the way they did in Chryst's first few years but it will be difficult for him to surpass Chryst's overall success at Wisconsin.

That’s true. All he would have to do is make 3 conference championship games in the next 7 seasons and average 9.8 wins per season to break even.

With these new offenses that Purdue and Wisconsin plan to run, we may end up with a game where we eclipse 50:00 TOP...and still possibly lose lol.

Should be entertaining, as the West will have offensive strategies all over the spectrum.

If Fickell goes to three NY6 games in eight years at Wisconsin like Chryst did, I think he will be very successful

Top Bottom