Critiquing all three phases of our team

JPIIGopher

Reaction score
Obviously feeling embarrassed and humbled about our offense right now. In the three phases of the game I thought I would give the following grades for the season:

Offense F Failed to sustain drives at any point during the year. Totally unorganized in the huddle and on the side lines. Falied to intergrate M Gray in any meaningful way. Play calling was great at times, but when it really mattered around the goal line it was brutal. Pound the Rock was just smoke in mirrors. On a positive note I thought our O line improved throughout the last month. It's hard to feel much hope for the offense after seeing this year play out. Fisch had better be a quick study other wise the Brew era comes to an end.

Defense B+ My only problems with this defense were in pass coverage. I thought our cb's played too passively on third down especially. Our linebackers were rock solid this year. Our safeties gave up too many big plays, it always seemed like we were getting beat deep 1 or 2 times a game because of miscommunication. Our D line did a whale of a job stuffing the run this year. We are still vunerable around the end against the elite runners like Best and Brown from Wisky.

Special teams A- Definately the brightest spot on the team. I would like to see B Allen start to to return more punts instead of fair catching. Troy Staudimire is just a stud. Our coverage for the most part on kickoffs and punts is the best I have ever seen in Minnesota. Kudos to John Butler for making this happen.

Top Bottom