Creative Charter Bowl Site Travel Packages

Hell of a website they got cooking there.

Was that the last of the angelfire sites?

Hell of a website they got cooking there.

Was that the last of the angelfire sites?

It does look pretty primitive :). There has to be an alum who owns or works for a good web design company that can help them out.

Works just fine for me. Gives me the info I am looking for without having to click on tons of other links.

Those are actually phenomenal deals. If I wasn't a student and had a job I would jump all over those. The 2 night deal for $299 is excellent.

If anyone from Creative Charter is reading this thread, they are the Syracuse Orange, not the Orangemen - they dropped the "men" part of their name several years ago.

If anyone from Creative Charter is reading this thread, they are the Syracuse Orange, not the Orangemen - they dropped the "men" part of their name several years ago.

We don't respect 'Cuse apparently, so does it really matter?

Those are actually phenomenal deals. If I wasn't a student and had a job I would jump all over those. The 2 night deal for $299 is excellent.

I only see a $399 2-night package?

Note: The prices listed are for the "Land" package.... don't believe the price includes airfare.

That is a really good deal considering airfare alone was around $500 per night.

doesn't include airfare...

I called this morning to find out the price for the package with airfare. The lady there said it would be around $1200. The four in my group can not swing this. This is another reason the gophers have bad bowl attendance.

I called this morning to find out the price for the package with airfare. The lady there said it would be around $1200. The four in my group can not swing this. This is another reason the gophers have bad bowl attendance.

$700-$800 for airfare? That's garbage.

As of this morning, airfare from 12/26 to 12/29 is $509. (MSP to IAH)

I called this morning to find out the price for the package with airfare. The lady there said it would be around $1200.

I was hoping the final cost might actually cause me to do some calculating to see if I could swing it. Unfortunately, if the $1200 figure is even close to correct, they just made the decision for me. Looks like I'll be staying home and watching it on TV.

We plan on driving. Did it last year as well. It's not bad if you stop and do some stuff on the way. Last year, we stopped at some college campuses to see their stadiums, and the whole drive is on 35 so you go through Kansas City, OKC, Dallas, and just a short bit out of the way to visit TexasAggie's home!

And it's alot easier to just book on your own if you're on a budget. We honestly did the whole 5 day trip last year for about $300/each or so. Pack 5 to a car, and it was 7 tanks of gas for us to go down, drive around for those days, and drive back. Put two people in a bed and drives down costs for hotels as well, and you can pick the hotel you want. Can't wait to get back down there again this year!

I just asked Creative Charters if they would be offering an airfare only option if anyone besides me was wondering. They said they will not be offering an airfare only option.

I was hoping the final cost might actually cause me to do some calculating to see if I could swing it. Unfortunately, if the $1200 figure is even close to correct, they just made the decision for me. Looks like I'll be staying home and watching it on TV.

Please don't throw in the towel because of Creative Charters sticker shock. I always look at their tour packages, but have never taken one. I am sure that they are nice people and it's great that they are around and support the program, but I have always been able to plan a trip myself for 30-70% less than they quote. They are targeting the more affluent fans who don't want to hassle with planning their own trips (and they are trying to make a profit doing so). They fill a need, but there will be much more affordable options out there, so if you really want to go, I'd encourage you to look around before you give up.

You could get a flight down there the morning of 11/27, back to MSP on 11/28 for ~$425. Add on a hotel ($150 or so), car rental ($50 maybe?) and you're looking at a cost of about $625 for transportation and accommodation.

This is one time where being a five-hour drive away comes in handy.

Spent a full 48 hours in Houston last year - probably going to knock that down to about 20 hours this time. If you can find a decent price, it's worth going, but I wouldn't spend $570 on this trip. Houston just isn't as fun as Nashville or Tempe.

Top Bottom