Craig James

TABinMO

Reaction score
True freshman had another good game. Great hands and knows when to let the ball go, call a fair catch or make a run for it. Great composure - few mistakes!

The start of his career is similar to that of Eric Murray. Coaches rave about him during fall camp and spends his Freshman year playing special teams. Hopefully the coaches are right about him like they were with Murray. I like the group of corners we have. Murray and BBC as Seniors next year, along with Myrick and James.

The best thing to happen to the punt return game was Marcus Jones getting hurt. He's a dynamic, electric kick returner, but never quite seemed to figure out fielding punts consistently.

Craig fielded one very difficult punt that was very impressive, not to mention the fake fair catch. The one where he ran up about 10-15 yards, at good speed, and smoothly brought it in. Not bad for a freshman in a highly critical situation. I was really nervous on that one.

He's been fantastic. As DoubleAlum said, he make a great catch fielding that one punt late. Kid has been awesome!

I read somewhere that Kill feels he may be the best DB they have ever recruited.

The best thing to happen to the punt return game was Marcus Jones getting hurt. He's a dynamic, electric kick returner, but never quite seemed to figure out fielding punts consistently.

I do feel bad for Jones though. He's done everything the coaches have asked (changed positions several times). Is he just still hurt or just didn't get his spot back as a returner?

I do feel bad for Jones though. He's done everything the coaches have asked (changed positions several times). Is he just still hurt or just didn't get his spot back as a returner?

He has played some DB. I think they don't want him to handle the ball after breaking his hand.

I really like how trustworthy Craig has been back there. He knows when to catch it and when to let it go, and he's quick enough to be able to get some yards if he has space.

Top Bottom