Craig James.

My man...whatever Adam James is or is not is irrelevant. He suffered a concussion and the coach had him put in a closet. Said coach then would not sign a paper stating that TT athlete’s welfare is important.

Why in the hell would his boss NOT fire him? Leach was due $800,000 TODAY and would have been due a $400,000 buyout for every year left on his contract if he were to remain employed today. If Leach was willing to act like this without the money locked in, can you imagine what he would have been like with the money guaranteed? Leach fired himself. TT did not act irrationally; it was the financially responsible thing to do.

Am I biased? Naw, I just have better understanding of what goes on than you. Let's be clear. There is NOTHING Adam could have done that would warrant him being placed in a closet when he was suffering from a concussion. There was no corrective benefit to doing that. It was a spiteful, mean spirited act. As a parent, I do not dole out punishment when I am angry. Why? Because there is a chance that it may be done vengefully instead of as a learning or teaching tool.:cool02:

I agree with you 100% about the punishment itself, as I have already stated. Human decency allows no place for that kind of behavior. My point was that had James not been a spoiled brat his whole career, he wouldn't have been in the position to have something like that happen to him.

As for Leach, we're just looking at it from two different angles. You think he's a jackbag and TT should fire him for being so. I think he's a great coach and despite his pecularities, he makes TT a sh*t-ton of money. The administration wanted to get rid of him just because they didn't like him, despite the fact that he's their best coach ever (including Spike Dykes). They were mediocre before Leach, and they will be mediocre after. The money they save from Leach's contract will be peanuts compared to what they lose in attendance, merchandise, etc.

I agree with you 100% about the punishment itself, as I have already stated. Human decency allows no place for that kind of behavior. My point was that had James not been a spoiled brat his whole career, he wouldn't have been in the position to have something like that happen to him.

As for Leach, we're just looking at it from two different angles. You think he's a jackbag and TT should fire him for being so. I think he's a great coach and despite his pecularities, he makes TT a sh*t-ton of money. The administration wanted to get rid of him just because they didn't like him, despite the fact that he's their best coach ever (including Spike Dykes). They were mediocre before Leach, and they will be mediocre after. The money they save from Leach's contract will be peanuts compared to what they lose in attendance, merchandise, etc.

You make a great point about Leach importance to the TT football program and I totally agree. Where we disagree is Adam James alledgit behavior and Leach's confirmed behavior.

Neither you nor I have any way too know what Adam's behavior has been like his WHOLE life and I certainly do not believe Coach Leach is a jackbag. I believe in this one instance he behaved bad enough to warrant getting fired. Had he not blown off his boss or been due the amount of money effective today, I would not believe he should have been fired. Put the three together....can't blame them.

It is extremely sad that folks have the audacity to be upset with James (the son)? Without knowing all the details folks are blaming him for what happened? Is it possible? Sure, but I have heard nothing that would make this the case.

As for Craig James, why shouldn’t he use he job to his advantage? Leach certainly used his. It is not up to Leach to determine the validity of a player’s injury. That job belongs to the trainer. However, it is Craig’s responsibility to look out for the well being of his son. I’m sure his son wasn’t the first player Leach has abused…it was just the wrong player. Is Craig giggling like a school girl at how it turned out? Hell yes, I know I would be.:cool02:

Adam James is a whiner and a loafer. He is complaining about being put in a shed the size of a two car garage. Its the same place the media uses to interview opposing coaches after games. If this is inhumane treatment you can bet we will hear from Mack Brown and Bob Stoops since they have both been interviewed there. ESPN is ridiculous. I can't believe how many commentators I have heard (including that moron and weasel Lou Holtz) say Leach won't coach again for amajor D-I school . Tell me gopher fans, how many of you would take him today, I know I'm all for dumping Brewster and hiring him right now. As for Craig James giggling like a school girl that would be approriate since he played like one too.

For those posters whining about the treatment of Adam James remember this, Leach didn't lay a finger on him, he didn't say a word to him. He asked his staff to get him off the field and to a place where the sun wouldn't be in his eyes. His head trainer is quoted as admitting he chose where James was to spend practice and that he monitored him every 15 minutes. He walked on the paractice field wearing street clothes with his hat on backwards and wearing sunglasses. If the player wasn't related to Craig James he would have found a boot up his behind and he would be hitching his way back to Lubbock. I watched a story on Nick Saban today and he is shown screaming at players, telling a DB one of the opposing recievers had only five catches so he would let his sorry a## cover him. Leach is not an abusive coach. Ask his players and former players ( other than Chris Perry and his DB room mate). Believe me, we who love the Red Raiders are definitely sorry Coach Leach is going AND that Adam James is staying.

Adam James is a whiner and a loafer. He is complaining about being put in a shed the size of a two car garage. Its the same place the media uses to interview opposing coaches after games. If this is inhumane treatment you can bet we will hear from Mack Brown and Bob Stoops since they have both been interviewed there. ESPN is ridiculous. I can't believe how many commentators I have heard (including that moron and weasel Lou Holtz) say Leach won't coach again for amajor D-I school . Tell me gopher fans, how many of you would take him today, I know I'm all for dumping Brewster and hiring him right now. As for Craig James giggling like a school girl that would be approriate since he played like one too.

My man, you seem intent on calling a young man you never met names. Why don't we just deal with what actually happened? For the sake of this conversation I will concede to you the size of the place Adam was put. It doesn't matter, Adam was treated differently than other players who suffered a concussion, the question is why? I, like TT adminstration believe it was because Leach was punishing Adam for having a concussion. This is completely inappropriate. Put that with how Leach reponded to his Boss's request on how to handle the situation, adds up to termination. Insubordination is a fireable offense.

By the way Craig James formed one of the best RB duo's college football has ever known when he teamed with Eric Dickerson to break NCAA rushing records at SMU.

Ah yes.... Craig James and Eric Dickerson.....and a program given the death penalty soon after their departure.

I'd love to see Mike Leach come here and coach. He's an odd duck, but I kind of like the guy.

Top Bottom