CrAB

Hell of a block!

Also, I don't understand what's going on with Crab. Is he just out there to be a decoy? Has he not fully recovered? His hands are at least as good as DJ9, why are they not throwing him the ball?

Hell of a block!

Also, I don't understand what's going on with Crab. Is he just out there to be a decoy? Has he not fully recovered? His hands are at least as good as DJ9, why are they not throwing him the ball?
Reports seem to indicate that he is not the same guy as he was pre injury. Agreed with PD though that block was huge.

I'm more curious why we see nothing from Elijah Spencer. Understood with all that CRAB has been threw injury-wise that he's not the same guy.
Reports seem to indicate that he is not the same guy as he was pre injury. Agreed with PD though that block was huge.

Are there actually reports though? I ask because I haven't seen anything said about Crab. Or are you assuming that must be the case?

He is a great blocker. Wish they would start getting him the ball more these last 4 games.

Are there actually reports though? I ask because I haven't seen anything said about Crab. Or are you assuming that must be the case?
I thought Burns or someone mentioned it, but admittedly I don’t have the quotes offhand

And the love that the refs didn't throw a flag for block in the back or Crack back block.
Because a dopey color guy calls it one doesn’t make it one. Head in front, and player running north-south and continued on north-south after the block. Legal block.

Last edited:

Nubin too was blocking like a Pro.

He gave AK a ton of extra time picking up the blitzes on a number of plays that turned into a completion.
Nubian was a total stud on several blocking plays! I’ll bet Crab gets his mojo back before the year is over! And with Brevan coming on, we can be formidable.

And the love that the refs didn't throw a flag for block in the back or Crack back block.
He didn't throw a block in the back. His head and right arm were on the front side of the defender.

But maybe your point was that the ref could have thrown the flag anyway and ignore that it was a legal block. That happens too.

Hell of a block!

All the injuries have piled up and taken their toll. He is nowhere near the old level. I respect him a lot for hanging in and trying to help the team where he can.

Because a dopey color guy calls it one doesn’t make it one. Head in front, and player running north-south and continued on north-south after the block. Legal block.
Have you ever actually read the rule on blind-side blocks or are you just making that up? No where does it mention the direction of the player running.

Blind-Side Block
ARTICLE 7 A blind-side block is an open field block against an opponent
that is initiated from outside the opponent’s field of vision, or otherwise in
such a manner that the opponent cannot reasonably defend themselves against
the block

Last edited:

He didn't throw a block in the back. His head and right arm were on the front side of the defender.

But maybe your point was that the ref could have thrown the flag anyway and ignore that it was a legal block. That happens too.
The front side?

Screenshot 2023-10-30 190621.png

Good to see another veteran player out there and healthy. Gave to imagine his blocking and abilities will only help AK become more comfortable and confident.

His block is as illegal but they missed it. Can’t call them all.

I do think it is reasonable that an official could deem that Crab was in the defender's field of view.

Of course. Look at his lower body. He had changed directions and was angling out towards the sidelines when CRAB actually hits him.

Yes, and in his field of vision. Find some pictures sequencing up to the block rather than just one after the hit where his head and shoulders got turned away by the force of the hit.
My definition of front side would be if he hit him in the face mask. That obviously is not the case.

Dean Blandino was asked about this play during the game and he called it an illegal blindside block. Not reviewed because it wasn’t reviewable but definitely not legal.
Apparently these homers know more than a man that has been in a officiating capacity since 1994.

Definitely not front side as @Dakota2 stated.
Get a shot of it half a second before the block. CAB is in his line of vision. If you draw a line through his shoulders, Cab’s head and both hands are in front of the line.

He wasn’t defenseless and he wasn’t blindsided. He was blocked out of play, springing Nubin for the TD.

Coaches need to use that film for teaching WR blocking.

Get a shot of it half a second before the block. CAB is in his line of vision. If you draw a line through his shoulders, Cab’s head and both hands are in front of the line.

He wasn’t defenseless and he wasn’t blindsided. He was blocked out of play, springing Nubin for the TD.

Coaches need to use that film for teaching WR blocking.
I think it was pretty borderline, but I think you have a case for your argument. Probably could have gone either way.

I think it was pretty borderline, but I think you have a case for your argument. Probably could have gone either way.
That is my point of view as well. It could of gone either way. We are fortunate the refs did not call it.

Wasn't called. Good block. End of story. If it was called a penalty then not a good block. Multiple plays every week in every game like this one.

Top Bottom