Coyle on being “mad” the Gophers aren’t in the NCAA Tournament: “If you could see the text messages to my wife.”

Then why would one not just come out and say that? Why would one choose to speak in riddles?

Because it doesn't do anyone any good after a 'better' season to come out and publicly say make the NCAA tournament or be fired after next season.

Because it doesn't do anyone any good after a 'better' season to come out and publicly say make the NCAA tournament or be fired after next season.
I believe there's a way to not speak in riddles while speaking more diplomatically than the way you put it.

I believe there's a way to not speak in riddles while speaking more diplomatically than the way you put it.

I might be in the minority here, but I don't think Coyle's words have hidden messages in them. I think he just speaks off the cuff in an "aw shucks" sort of way. His "preseason top 25" and "you should see my texts to my wife" declarations aren't expectation setting but speaking like anybody on Gopher Hole would. Public speaking is just not his strength.

You can really reiterate the statement "public speaking is not his strength"

Top Bottom