COVID-19 Ticket Policy

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score

Per Mark Coyles:

If seasons are canceled or played without fans in attendance, options will be available to you to (1) convert your renewal to a 100% charitable donation, (2) apply your renewal to the 2021-22 season of the same sport, or (3) request a full refund for the amount paid for the 2020-21 season.

I don't see how anyone can complain about being presented with those choices, but I'm sure one of Gopherhole's elite will step up to the plate.
Or turn this into a political argument. Can’t have enough of those.

I'm okay with this and will renew. I had a slight concern that the money would be used like Grandmas Marathon.

Are you sure “full” includes the donation? I’d be a little surprised if it does. I’d think the “renewal” is different than the donation, but I could be wrong. If you’re worried about it, give the ticket office a call.

Are you sure “full” includes the donation? I’d be a little surprised if it does. I’d think the “renewal” is different than the donation, but I could be wrong. If you’re worried about it, give the ticket office a call.
I asked that specific question and they told me full refund.

My guess is you announce a full refund is available IF the season is cancelled when your 99% sure the season is NOT cancelled. Might be wishful thinking on my part. :)

Maybe it's one of those "mail-in rebates" they have in hardware store ads. Personally, I'm too lazy to send in the rebate form just to save $5 on some paint or a power drill.

Interesting that the intro mentions 'any games' but the policy focuses on seasons being cancelled without covering what happens if some games have fans and some games don't.

I'd assume they'd split the cost across the games and refund the games without fans but the policy doesn't cover that at all. And how would they decide what games are worth what? If the first two games have no fans and the rest have fans I assume they won't refund 2/7ths of what you paid when you miss FAU and TN Tech but still see Iowa and Michigan.

I would be very very surprised at this point there were games played with 0 fans.

I would be very very surprised at this point there were games played with 0 fans.

Which part, that there would be games at all or played with 0 fans?

At this point I would not be surprised about anything, games with fans, games no fans, no games at all, partial season, delayed season...whatever.

CBS just reported that 5 players from Alabama tested positive. What's that mean?!? Heck if I know.

At this point I would not be surprised about anything, games with fans, games no fans, no games at all, partial season, delayed season...whatever.

CBS just reported that 5 players from Alabama tested positive. What's that mean?!? Heck if I know.

2 Oklahoma St players tested positive too. It’s not surprising. There are protocols in place for this. I’d be surprised if the games have 0 fans. I believe there will be fans.

There would be a real problem with lawsuits unless players signed waivers. Even then, legal issues might abound. The virus is still very contagious, so I doubt there will be a football season at the college level - especially in view of the fact that people sitting close together in large numbers would be a major health risk.

If there is no season, there will be a large refund crowd and the loss of renewals next year. It will be two years since we sit in our seats. The historical season will be forgotten for many. They have no choice to have the policy stated as is.

FYI - I just cancelled my season tickets and received a full refund, including the scholarship seating donation and $30 application fee. It broke my heart doing so, but the writing is on the wall.

FYI - I just cancelled my season tickets and received a full refund, including the scholarship seating donation and $30 application fee. It broke my heart doing so, but the writing is on the wall.

So from looking at Gophersports, you can still get your seats back in 2021 and maintain your current Gophers score (nothing added for this year unless you donate) if you fill out some sort of form.

If I have this wrong, please correct me.

So from looking at Gophersports, you can still get your seats back in 2021 and maintain your current Gophers score (nothing added for this year unless you donate) if you fill out some sort of form.

If I have this wrong, please correct me.

Yeah they had an email that went out that outlined what would happen in case of cancellation.

Full refund didn't impact you negatively as a season ticket holder ... it was just like ... the off season didn't end ... for a year :(

Top Bottom