Could this affect recruiting?

DiehardGopher

Reaction score
Last night there was a university student who was shot in the chest outside Centennial Hall on campus as stated in a university alert. In the past four years that I have been a student, violence has been present but always seemed to be on the perhiphery. Lately, it seems like crime is penetrating campus more and more.

I do not mean to marginalize the shooting and it's effect on the victim and their family, but could this have implications for recruiting?

I don't mean to marginalize it either but honestly my first thought was...

Not everybody’s the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever.

Campus Police are too busy investigating once stolen and since returned computers to deal with petty crime like shootings.

Campus Police are too busy investigating once stolen and since returned computers to deal with petty crime like shootings.

That is what I thought as well at first. But you could also say that the reason it took so long was because the UMPD was busy dealing with more important issues then some petty crime.

I just saw the headline and my first thought was, "were any Gophers involved".

Man, the negativity of GopherHole is dragging me into it. I gotta stop that, and get back to being my positive self.

Top Bottom