Could next weeks Iowa game be the coldest game in recent memory?

GopherTakes

Reaction score
High as of right now is sitting at 21 degrees, depending on game time it could be around 15 degrees. I couldn't find much data on game weather but it seems to be the coldest I can remember in recent times.

High as of right now is sitting at 21 degrees, depending on game time it could be around 15 degrees. I couldn't find much data on game weather but it seems to be the coldest I can remember in recent times.
2010 game at TCF was my coldest of memory due to the snow in the stands and corners. And Iowa lost, so football was very stupid that day. I hope the Coyles make for a more welcoming environment.

Coldest game time temps per gophersports.com:

2014 OSU - 15 degrees
2013 WI - 18 degrees
2018 PU - 21 degrees
2010 IA - 23 degrees
2018 NW - 23 degrees
What was 2019 wisconsin? I think it snowed too, which probably made I seem colder than it was

What was 2019 wisconsin? I think it snowed too, which probably made I seem colder than it was

The 2013 WI, 2010 IA, and 2018 PU games were all mid-afternoon kickoffs, so temps by the end of those games were likely colder.

The contrast of that game vs the Penn St game earlier that year, is still incredible to me.

We were up early, and the weather was great. Perfect football weather.

Then the bottom fell out and the skies opened up. Salt in the wound, football gods cackling away.

The low Saturday morning is predicted to be 6 degrees. If it's an 11 am game, kickoff could be low teens for temps.

Dad and I worked that game on the field. Couldn’t have had a more depressing / humiliating end of a home campaign. The snow made it seem like it was -25 that day. I also attended the 2018 Northwestern game and it was pretty brutal on the shaded side of the field. Reminded me to always factor that in depending on the time of year.

After this seasons weather the next few games will be a shock…

I’m getting my gear going.

2013 Wis was quite cold. Being in the band, that was the coldest game I remember, maybe the wind chill made it feel colder than 2014 OSU

That Ohio State game was the coldest feeling game I can remember and I’ve been to every home game since the stadium opened.

Top Bottom