could have been worse!!!!

rctc_2466

Reaction score
I wanted the gophers to win this game bad and thought they had a chance....but the way it started it could have been worse......

I mean 35-21 vs the 8th team in the nation is pretty darn good....

Im proud of the gophers.

While I agree with you, and think we would have a had a great chance if we'd stopped that 3rd and 16, I also think your headline can basically summarize the 25 years I've been a Gopher fan...

I wanted the gophers to win this game bad and thought they had a chance....but the way it started it could have been worse......

I mean 35-21 vs the 8th team in the nation is pretty darn good....

Im proud of the gophers.

Typical Gopher fan response. "close" is good enough.

No. But there's nothing wrong with acknowledging a well-played game against a better team. If anyone is praising us for playing Northwestern close next week, I'll agree with you.

It wasn't a terrible effort but man o man, next year when Decker is gone, hpow will they score points?

It wasn't a terrible effort but man o man, next year when Decker is gone, hpow will they score points?

Who cares, that's something we have to figure out then.

Who's going to be our QB in 6 years? Everyone will be gone by then. We're in big trouble.

Decker's loss will hurt a ton but hopefully (a big hopefully) Green and Carpenter step up and our running game improves. Weber will be a senior and Gray will be seeing a lot of time at QB, WR, you name it. Don't even wanna know how we'll play offensively next year.

Get real

No one is saying that close is good enough. We played the #8 team in the country tough and some of us are proud of the effort the team gave. They can learn many things from this game, including:

- They are capable of playing with top 10 teams
- They need to make more plays and fewer mistakes to beat a more talented team
- They now know what it takes to play with the big boys and will be better prepared for the rest of the season

Let's go out to Northwestern and get a W.

Go Gophers!

Wow, you have to be one of the more depressing posters I've come across! EVERY post is just miserable. The old Muppet's Show in the 70's had these two old grumpy geezers in the audience, that is how I picture you. You have been added to the ignore button.

Wow, you have to be one of the more depressing posters I've come across! EVERY post is just miserable. The old Muppet's Show in the 70's had these two old grumpy geezers in the audience, that is how I picture you. You have been added to the ignore button.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can picture that totally! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where is this ignore button? I would like to add this piss-fest-poster to my ignore button.

Thanks, Donovan!

GO GOPHERS!

I'm disappointed that we lost, but I don't feel too bad about it, it was a respectable performance against a highly ranked opponent. And no, I am not calling this a "moral victory", it wasn't. Declining to bring out the pitchforks and torches is not declaring "close is good enough". We just need to dust ourselves off and move on to Northwestern.

Top Bottom