Cory Joseph recruiting

Weisbrod

Banned
Reaction score
From Scout.com report:

Cory Joseph’s recruitment is exploding this spring. A four-star prospect and the nation’s No. 33 overall prospect, Joseph is quickly becoming a top-priority prospect for an increasing number of big-time college programs. Where does Louisville stand with the 2010 point guard?

“Louisville is definitely in the mix,” Findlay Prep assistant coach Todd Simon said. “Louisville hasn’t been out this spring but they’ve been out to see Cory as much as anybody. Coach Pitino saw a bunch of our games this season. He’s been pretty aggressive with his recruitment of Cory.”

Louisville got in on Cory Joseph’s recruitment before other programs figured out how talented a prospect he is. The Cardinals had Joseph on campus during the season for an unofficial visit and Simon said the four-star prospect might make another trip to Louisville this summer.

“I think he liked seeing Louisville,” Simon said. “Coach Pitino’s past success speaks for itself and Cory is certainly interested in the possibility of playing for him at Louisville.”

Louisville faces stiff competition for Joseph as more big-time programs have gotten involved in his recruitment this spring. “He’s getting hit from all angles right now,” said Simon. “Everybody is showing him love.”

Joseph has a lengthy list at the moment that includes, Ohio State, Louisville, Memphis, California, UNLV, Texas, Minnesota, Texas A&M, Arizona, Kansas, UConn and Florida. Simon said Florida has “come on strong,” and Texas is “turning up the heat.” “And UConn called last week,” Simon said.

“He’s still open but he’s starting to look at his recruitment a little closer these days. He’s got a long list,” Simon said. “I could see it going either way with him – either making a decision this summer or wait until next fall. He’s not being pressured by the recruiting process now but I could see how all the (recruiting) calls might get old.”

URL: http://minnesota.scout.com/a.z?s=176&p=2&c=862500

Top Bottom