Cory Joseph may take official to UNLV

Can we take anything from this? I guess my thinking is that it is between the Gophers, Texas, and UCONN, (I dont know why I feel like nova is out, I just do though) and that this fifth visit is just a sympathy visit for the hometown school.

That would be my guess as well gopherholefan.

Go Gophers!!

Some on the UConn board think it's between UConn and Villanova for Cory's services. And that possibly the only thing keeping him from pulling the trigger is Kemba Walker (Soph. - UConn) and Maalik Wayns (Fr. - Villanova). Both are McDonald's All-American point guards. Now come spring if either goes pro....

I sure hope they are dead wrong.

Hey, if I had a brother, why would I not want to play ball with him? right? right? :)

Some on the UConn board think it's between UConn and Villanova for Cory's services. And that possibly the only thing keeping him from pulling the trigger is Kemba Walker (Soph. - UConn) and Maalik Wayns (Fr. - Villanova). Both are McDonald's All-American point guards. Now come spring if either goes pro....

Hey, if I had a brother, why would I not want to play ball with him? right? right? :)

Typical East Coast bias! ;)

Cory can't go wrong with any of his choices...all have great programs and great coaches. If we were to land him, I think he'd be our highest out of state recruit since Jim Brewer (at least from a rankings standpoint).

Go Gophers!!

I would think the commitments of Josh Selby or Brandon Knight might also factor in.

Just from what I've heard and what I've noticed it seems that Joesph is playing the waiting game to see what happens to the other high profile guys in his class at his position. He's waiting to see how the chips fall at some of the higher profile schools. There really is zero reason for C. Joseph to have not committed to Minnesota right now if he really wanted to be there.

I would think the commitments of Josh Selby or Brandon Knight might also factor in.

Just from what I've heard and what I've noticed it seems that Joesph is playing the waiting game to see what happens to the other high profile guys in his class at his position. He's waiting to see how the chips fall at some of the higher profile schools. There really is zero reason for C. Joseph to have not committed to Minnesota right now if he really wanted to be there.

Unfortunately, I agree with you

But, couldn't you say the same about the other schools, too? I mean why wait for the other guys to commit if it means that dictates where you go? If you really like UConn, then commit to UConn and hope that steers the other high profile guys at your position somewhere else. If he's truly waiting for other high profile guys at his position to go somewhere so he can choose a different place, then the decision won't really be up to him, it will be up to them. I doubt that's what he wants.

Maybe, just maybe he isn't sure where he wants to go yet. Maybe he is still trying to figure it out in his mind.

Also, remember, Devoe didn't commit or sign until the FINAL DAY of the fall signing period. He waited until the last minute and there were many who felt he was going to go to Texas right up until he pulled the trigger for MN.

But, couldn't you say the same about the other schools, too? I mean why wait for the other guys to commit if it means that dictates where you go? If you really like UConn, then commit to UConn and hope that steers the other high profile guys at your position somewhere else. If he's truly waiting for other high profile guys at his position to go somewhere so he can choose a different place, then the decision won't really be up to him, it will be up to them. I doubt that's what he wants.

No, the other schools have incumbent point guards potentially blocking him.

I don't think that this dragging on is going to necessarily hurt the Gophers chances with the kid. Minnesota is a known quantity for him. I can understand if he wants to take his time and ensure that what he is doing is what's for him. Hard to feel obligated to come to Minnesota when you have Jay Wright and Jim Calhoun, both coaches with great programs and recruiting history, calling you all the time.

No, the other schools have incumbent point guards potentially blocking him.

I'm sorry, where are three-year starter senior Nolen and sophomore Cobbs going to be? Do you think Cory will just be handed the starting PG position here? All the schools - including MN - have incumbent point guards.

UNLV might have a shot at him if Richard the Fixer is still a booster.;)

just like Presidents...

I'm sorry, where are three-year starter senior Nolen and sophomore Cobbs going to be? Do you think Cory will just be handed the starting PG position here? All the schools - including MN - have incumbent point guards.

Just like Presidents, some incumbents are better than others.

:) :) :)

Just like Presidents, some incumbents are better than others.

:) :) :)

True.

At the end of the day, we can speculate all we want on this and talk in circles forever. My speculation is that he simply doesn't know what school he wants to attend. It seems many in this thread are going at it from an angle that he's decided but just waiting to announce or waiting for other blue chippers to announce. Could be, but I personally don't think so. If he really knew, he'd announce already. Why hasn't he selected MN? Why hasn't he selected TX? Why hasn't he selected UConn? He just isn't sure. The fact we're still in it says something. He's eliminated more powerful schools than us, so there must still be an interest and obvious his brother is a pull for him. I think that we're still in the hunt is encouraging.

C'mon, SS

UNLV might have a shot at him if Richard the Fixer is still a booster.;)

I do believe it's Jimmy the Fixer if I'm not mistaken. Who could forget those pictures of Larry Johnson, Greg Anthony, and Stacey Augmon sitting in the hottub with Jimmy in the days surrounding the NCAA tournament?

Crap, I just looked it up and I'm wrong, you're right, it is Richie. Sorry, SS.... I'm a buffoon...

True.

At the end of the day, we can speculate all we want on this and talk in circles forever. My speculation is that he simply doesn't know what school he wants to attend. It seems many in this thread are going at it from an angle that he's decided but just waiting to announce or waiting for other blue chippers to announce. Could be, but I personally don't think so. If he really knew, he'd announce already. Why hasn't he selected MN? Why hasn't he selected TX? Why hasn't he selected UConn? He just isn't sure. The fact we're still in it says something. He's eliminated more powerful schools than us, so there must still be an interest and obvious his brother is a pull for him. I think that we're still in the hunt is encouraging.

It's not speculation. He knows the game and what he's been told by a couple of programs. UConn's not going to take Joseph while they're still in play for both Selby and Knight. The same holds true at Florida and Kansas as well. He also has been wanting an offer from Kentucky that hasn't come for similar reasons.

It's not speculation. He knows the game and what he's been told by a couple of programs. UConn's not going to take Joseph while they're still in play for both Selby and Knight. The same holds true at Florida and Kansas as well. He also has been wanting an offer from Kentucky that hasn't come for similar reasons.

Gotcha. I didn't know that Joseph's offers with UConn, Florida, Texas and Villanova were conditional. That actually bodes better for the Gophers then. I didn't realize that.

Gotcha. I didn't know that Joseph's offers with UConn, Florida, Texas and Villanova were conditional. That actually bodes better for the Gophers then. I didn't realize that.

I don't feel like this bodes well for Minnesota. If he's simply sitting around and waiting to see where the chips fall for the big boys, that suggests that he would prefer to go to one of those schools. If the U of M were his top choice, he could have already committed.

I don't feel like this bodes well for Minnesota. If he's simply sitting around and waiting to see where the chips fall for the big boys, that suggests that he would prefer to go to one of those schools. If the U of M were his top choice, he could have already committed.

Like Verdell Jones.

Correct. But he may still end up here even if we're not his top choice. That's what I'm saying. If what the The Truth says is true, he could not commit to UConn or Fla right now even if he wants to because they want other kids more. So, what happens when/if UConn and Fla and the others land the other players that they want more than Cory? Well, they run out of scholarships and then that leaves us. That's all I'm saying. I should rephrase that this gives me more hope than when I believed he was still figuring out where he wanted to go. Apparently, he cannot dictate where he wants to go. He may have no choice but to come to Minnesota if these other schools who want other kids more fill up their scholarships.

I do find it a bit strange that the No. 7 player in the country is waiting on conditional scholarships.

My experience is when fans try to figure out what ever little move a kid makes means, that they usually are dead wrong. Cory could call and commit to any of the schools on his list, no conditions. He's got plenty of time to decide so why not wait until you are sure.

My experience is when fans try to figure out what ever little move a kid makes means, that they usually are dead wrong. Cory could call and commit to any of the schools on his list, no conditions. He's got plenty of time to decide so why not wait until you are sure.

Don't tell that to The Truth. He says Cory is playing the "waiting game."

A school like Uconn is not going to take a commitment from Joseph while they still feel they are in great position with Knight and Selby. These kids don't wait till Spring for the hell of it or because they're indecisive. They wait to see how everything shakes out on the recruiting landscape.

Baloney on the Kentucky offer to Joseph. No interest between the two whatsoever.

The Truth isn't, again.

Baloney on the Kentucky offer to Joseph. No interest between the two whatsoever.

The Truth isn't, again.

You want me to show where he listed Kentucky in interviews? He wanted an offer and he didn't get one because like UConn, like Florida, like Kansas they have/had guys in front of him like Irving, Knight, Selby and McCallum that they like more. Like Gary Parrish pointed out yesterday look at Eric Bledsoe: In the fall his offer sheet was UAB, Southern Mississippi, etc. In the Spring? Duke, Florida, Memphis, Kentucky...

I know you've got a hard on for Tubby Smith and you take ANY criticism (which this wasn't) of him as some sort of personal attack (just like you do with Huggins) but you need to learn to separate personal feelings and personal relationships from facts.

You want me to show where he listed Kentucky in interviews? He wanted an offer and he didn't get one because like UConn, like Florida, like Kansas they have/had guys in front of him like Irving, Knight, Selby and McCallum that they like more. Like Gary Parrish pointed out yesterday look at Eric Bledsoe: In the fall his offer sheet was UAB, Southern Mississippi, etc. In the Spring? Duke, Florida, Memphis, Kentucky...

I know you've got a hard on for Tubby Smith and you take ANY criticism (which this wasn't) of him as some sort of personal attack (just like you do with Huggins) but you need to learn to separate personal feelings and personal relationships from facts.

100% unadulterated hogwash. Cory Joseph is NOT waiting on an offer from Kentucky.

Top Bottom