Cory Joseph likely waiting until the Spring to commit

If I were him I would wait too. He's good enough that his options aren't going to diminish. By waiting he'll get to see how each team recruiting him performs. He'll also get a better idea of what kind of playing time is going to be available to him at each school as players from UConn, Villanova, etc declare for the NBA draft. In our case, he'll get a chance to size up his competition in Nolen and Cobbs. Plus he is also helping out Devoe by keeping Tubby hanging there will be more pressure for Tubby to put Devoe in the starting line-up to prove to Cory that he will actually cede starting positions to underclassmen guards.

The question isn't "what's he waiting for?" It's "what's the harm in waiting?" There really isn't any harm in his case.

If I were him I would wait too. He's good enough that his options aren't going to diminish. By waiting he'll get to see how each team recruiting him performs. He'll also get a better idea of what kind of playing time is going to be available to him at each school as players from UConn, Villanova, etc declare for the NBA draft. In our case, he'll get a chance to size up his competition in Nolen and Cobbs. Plus he is also helping out Devoe by keeping Tubby hanging there will be more pressure for Tubby to put Devoe in the starting line-up to prove to Cory that he will actually cede starting positions to underclassmen guards.

The question isn't "what's he waiting for?" It's "what's the harm in waiting?" There really isn't any harm in his case.

Desmond Allison started as freshman guard at Kentucky. Shea Seals started as freshman guard at Tulsa. Keith Bogans, Gerald Fitch, Rajon Rondo, Derrick Jasper ALL started as freshmen guards at Kentucky also.

You could make the same arguement for why Joe Mauer shouldn't sign a contract extension and wait for FA. The risk is two-fold: 1. He could suffer a major-injury or 2. (perhaps unlikely) he could have a terrible season.

He doesn't stand to lose millions of dollars the way Mauer would, but he could see his offers diminish. I realize that the odds of either of these things happening isn't very high, and I understand why he's waiting, but there is always potential harm.

But the question might be......

Desmond Allison started as freshman guard at Kentucky. Shea Seals started as freshman guard at Tulsa. Keith Bogans, Gerald Fitch, Rajon Rondo, Derrick Jasper ALL started as freshmen guards at Kentucky also.

But the question might be, would Corey start as a freshmen at MN with senior Nolen and sophomore Cobb in the mix?

But obviously I have zero idea what Corey is thinking about !!!

I'll never forget the round of 32 game in KC in 1997 as we were awaiting our game against Temple...Tulsa was playing Clemson and everyone in our section was convinced that Seals was throwing the game. For a guy who as a very nice college player, he was making some of the most elementary mistakes at the most crucial of times. Complete strangers were talking about it after the game in the corridor at Kemper Arena. It was the strangest performance I have ever seen live.

Go Gophers!!

I was looking at what appeared to be the comp ticket section and was trying to match families with players. Were the Joseph parents in attendance tonight?

But the question might be, would Corey start as a freshmen at MN with senior Nolen and sophomore Cobb in the mix?

But obviously I have zero idea what Corey is thinking about !!!

Cory, not Corey.

And YES is the answer to your question.

Top Bottom