Cory is Coming (that's a song)

Gopher in Texas

Reaction score
Gopher fan here - no hidden agenda or inside information. I want Cory to come to Minnesota. Crazy that some Minnesota "fans" are not more positive (hmmm, maybe they are not fans). IMO there is an excellent chance that Cory becomes a Gopher.

1. Devoe, Devoe, Devoe. This is Devoe's team now (I think he is the leader). If Devoe asks Cory to play on his team (Cory will not say no). Perhaps Devoe was not happy early in the year (as one poster suggested as the reason for the signing delay), it appears he is happy now.

2. Cory has a lot of people around him pushing him to other schools (Tristan and Coach Peck, all the UNLV people). Once Cory gets home with his family who will support his decision to go to Minnesota, it will be easier to announce.

3. Lots of pressure in Texas. Quote from Texas announcer "We have 5* athletes, with 3* effort and 7* attitude". Avery Bradley has been solid but he has not set the world on fire at Texas. He came out with "John Wall" expectations and Coach Barnes has not developed him. I would not think that Avery Bradley would be pushing Texas quite so hard now. How is UT going to propel Cory to the NBA, when it has not happened for the higher rated Avery Bradley.

4. Austin is in the South. Although the city is very liberal for the South, it is quite different from what Cory is used to in Canada and Las Vegas.

That written, UT has probably the most diverse student body you will find anywhere (Top 10% law has made it that way). Austin is a beautiful city, UT is a beautiful campus and UT has a more prestigious athletic reputation.

I still think he will come to Minnesota (but only Cory, and likely Devoe know for sure). If he goes to Texas, I will cheer for him when I cheer for the Longhorns (just not against the Gophers).

That's what I'm talking about.

I'm in California.

Do you have to move out of the state to get positive about it's sports teams?

I think there a plenty of good reasons why Cory is going to choose MN.

You've named several good ones.

Also.

5. At MN Cory will be "the guy".
Our team is primed for someone with NBA first round talent to come and propel the team to national prominence, and end up on ESPN ALOT. He will be, from the day he walks in the door, our go-to guy, surrounded by a deep talented team that can play stifling defense.

6. Tubby has proven his ability to ready players for the pros. Rondo, Prince, etc.... Cory knows he's going to be tried and tested and trained by one of the great coaches in America.

Top Bottom