CornNation Game Preview

BilldGopher

Section 211
Reaction score
Can't be a Nebbie vs Gophers match-up this year without seeing what Jon Johnston with CornNation.com has to say.

Been perusing the NebbieNation fan sites and the general concensus is that Rhule is going to turn Coach Frost's "Gang That Can't Shoot Straight" into the "Magnificent Seven" with just summer camp.

CornNation however offers a great preview of the game giving Nebbie a "30%" chance of pulling out a W. Since most GHer's don't live under a cowpie a lot of what he has to offer is already known. However, it's a good 12 minute summary of where Nebbie is that is told only how JJ can do it.

Here's the link:
As always it's the postgame reaction that's hopefully once again a hoot. BTW, he lives in the Twin Cities so he has insights about the Gophers your general Nebbie bovine does not have. Go Gophers!

Very fair breakdown from JJ and he managed to remain pretty calm during it. The melt downs are typically saved for after the games :)

30% win chance for Nebraska feels about right going into this one. We are the favorites and if we play well we should win but first games are flukey and if some things go sideways anything is possible.

I hate starting with conference games.....with no pre season in my opinion teams should always be able to schedule a layup in week one. Making teams start with a divisional opponent in week one isn't fair to either team but it is what it is.

This guy is a serious, knowledgeable Nebraska fan and he believes the Minnesota game is the biggest one on their schedule. Think about that...

We have had fun recently pointing out how delusional Nebraska fans are for believing that they are this close to returning to glory. Nebraska fans generally have not considered Minnesota to be "of the same caliber" as Nebraska, in their eyes.

Now we're their biggest game of the season. It says a lot, I'd say. Fleck is changing the perception of Minnesota football. The Gophers are taken seriously now. If you don't believe me, just ask a Badger fan to give his or her opinion of Fleck and the Gophers. They used to laugh at Minnesota. They're not laughing now. If they are laughing, it is mirthless laughter.

Completely forgot that Nebraska beat Iowa last year. Most of those players return.

Do we have anyone similar to JJ? If we do I have never run across him. Jon Johnston is not only hilarious, like in his rant from the field when the Gophers beat the Huskers, but he is very knowledgeable on college football. I hit Corn Nation quite often and see what he's got to say

Do we have anyone similar to JJ? If we do I have never run across him. Jon Johnston is not only hilarious, like in his rant from the field when the Gophers beat the Huskers, but he is very knowledgeable on college football. I hit Corn Nation quite often and see what he's got to say
Kane Rob is similar but doesn't have the same kind of authentic flow as JJ.
Ryan Burns may be the professional media person who is the most plugged into the program.

Kane Rob is similar but doesn't have the same kind of authentic flow as JJ.
Ryan Burns may be the professional media person who is the most plugged into the program.
Thanks, I have listened to Ryan for sure. He's excellent on the Gophers and college football as a whole. Just not as whackadoodle as JJ, which I enjoy.

Completely forgot that Nebraska beat Iowa last year. Most of those players return.
I wouldn't be so sure on that.

New QB
New starting RB (prev is now backup)
New Center on the O-line
New RG
New Tight ends

New Nose tackle
two new rush ends
one new linebacker
one new safety

So it's close to half of the starters being replaced.

This guy is a serious, knowledgeable Nebraska fan and he believes the Minnesota game is the biggest one on their schedule. Think about that...

Now we're their biggest game of the season. It says a lot, I'd say. Fleck is changing the perception of Minnesota football. The Gophers are taken seriously now. If you don't believe me, just ask a Badger fan to give his or her opinion of Fleck and the Gophers. They used to laugh at Minnesota. They're not laughing now. If they are laughing, it is mirthless laughter.
True, Fleck has made us better and we are no longer laughed at. However, another reason that Nebraska fans are no longer laughing is that they have greatly regressed. They can currently laugh at nobody. Go Gophers!

Top Bottom