Corey Nelson visiting?

Cold as hell? It'll be around 40F the whole weekend not like last week when it was much colder. Pretty nice for this time of the year don't you think, granted it isn't 80F like back in TX.

40s??? LOL that's a slight exaggeration, it's supposed to be in the mid 20s, but point taken lol, it's not below zero like it was last weekend.

I've lived in Texas all my life, and most of it a stone's throw away from Bryan/College Station. Sure you maintain some of your military "traditions" by having the ROTC program and all. And you maintain them by dropping educational requirements to enroll in said program just to keep a good number of warm bodies in it. That's right. A normal kid gets denied access to A&M, well not so fast. You can go to Blinn and play army in the meantime with them, and they'll give you special consideration for admission. I'm calling your culture "racist tolerant", not your military traditions. A&M is devoid of diversity. What it does have is a great number of white students that tolerate n***** jokes and the like. 9 times out of 10 when 'jokes' like that are said, aggies will laugh. 1 time out of 10, someone may disapprove. Your student body calls the street that a lot of the Asian and Asian American students use to walk to school the "Ho Chi Minh Trail." These same students have been shot with pellet guns by some of your "tolerant" students. And I'm just barely scratching the surface. Don't even attempt to deny that racist attitudes aren't tolerated at A&M. They are. Period.

Sorry to get off topic on this thread, but there's no way you can call me "ignorant" about A&M and it's culture when I practically grew up immersed in it. I'm just happy I didn't buy in to the bigotry. That's all I bother saying on this thread.

Like I said, I hope Nelson goes elsewhere.

Well, I am a native Texan as well and I have spent a lot of time on campus and in Bryan. A&M is no different than most any other campus. I have a number of friends, black and white, who are Aggie grads, and they are very loyal to their alma mater. They give each other crap all the time about their racial stereotypes and laugh. They would do anything for each other. Lots of junk is said by black, whites and hispanics that means very little. People read waaaaay too much into this stuff if you are a casual observer. In the vast majority of cases it is no more serious than the junk between A&M and UT. Attitudes are no more racist at A&M than most anywhere else.

How many linebackers have been good enough to turn around an entire program? Because that's what needs to happen in Minnesota. Now, I hope they land him, but let's not get too excited here...

Well, I am a native Texan as well and I have spent a lot of time on campus and in Bryan. A&M is no different than most any other campus. I have a number of friends, black and white, who are Aggie grads, and they are very loyal to their alma mater. They give each other crap all the time about their racial stereotypes and laugh. They would do anything for each other. Lots of junk is said by black, whites and hispanics that means very little. People read waaaaay too much into this stuff if you are a casual observer. In the vast majority of cases it is no more serious than the junk between A&M and UT. Attitudes are no more racist at A&M than most anywhere else.

Riiight. A&M is quite different for a myriad of reasons. Keep your head in the sand Sir Ostrich.

I wonder is Brewster is talking to and considering an offer to Yo Adrian James. He is considered a DB sleeper in this years class, and if he can start for Skyline, he should be able to start for the Gophers.

I also thought we hated seeing other schools steel our verbals - I guess if the shoe fits. Or what goes around comes around. Or it's a cut throat business and the nature of the beast.

Brew explained this the first year. Until a recruit flat out tells him to stop calling and recruiting him the process is not over. If they ever tell him to stop, and that there is no possibility then he does. Kids commit due to pressure sometimes, not always because they've made a firm decision. Brewster's method addresses this. Recruiting isn't meant to be a game won by whoever gets the magic words out of the kid first. It's meant to make sure the kid gets into the school that's the best fit. If the kid knows for sure, he'd shut down recruiting.

I don't know how secure Mike Sherman's future is at Texas A & M. He's a good football guy and this is only his second year at A & M, but there have been some rumblings already. Expectations in Minnesota pale by comparison with those in Texas, so even though Sherman has five years left on his contract, things are going to have to turn around pretty quickly and dramatically for the heat to do down a couple of notches.

All in all, I agree with what a previous poster says about Brewster being able to at least get kids of this level onto the campus. It still might be a struggle to get a lot of them signed, but at least we're in the mix with these players.

Nor do I doubt, he is coming up to enjoy the Al Gore Global Warming weather we are enjoying. :mad: I would think that campus would be empty and not much happening. His former Skyline teammates will be back in Dallas for Christmas, so factor this all in (it's cold as hell) - and that campus is going to be pretty quiet; I would say that this looks like a very legitimate visit.

I'm sure they will be in MN practicing for the bowl game.

I am in the mood to get my hopes up. Our temps are cold but our fans are warm. Let's keep the Skyline connection going!

Just posting what Accuweather has for a 5 day forecast

http://www.accuweather.com/us/ks/mi...tner=accuweather&traveler=0&zipChg=1&metric=0

weather channel shows what you state

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/USMN0503?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

I hoping for Accuweather's forecast.

Hate to burst your bubble, but that Accuweather forecast you posted is from Minneapolis, Kansas, not our Minneapolis lol. Trust, they aren't forecasting 40s around here. Mid 20s for the most part. But really though, does it really matter? I mean, he'll visit, and it'll feel cool to him regardless, but he has to know it was -5 out just a week ago haha.

Take this for what it's worth but I talked to a Texas HS football rube and self-proclaimed A&M insider(he knew everything about everything) and he said Nelson is likely to decommit from the Aggies. He also said Stoudermire is goods friends with Nelson and he wouldn' t be surprised if he picks the Gophs. This guy knew a ton about the Gophs and this all took place in Houston. Just relaying what this guy told me.

Take this for what it's worth but I talked to a Texas HS football rube and self-proclaimed A&M insider(he knew everything about everything) and he said Nelson is likely to decommit from the Aggies. He also said Stoudermire is goods friends with Nelson and he wouldn' t be surprised if he picks the Gophs. This guy knew a ton about the Gophs and this all took place in Houston. Just relaying what this guy told me.

Well if nothing else, it will be interesting to see how things shake out.

Works for me :clap:.

I don't want to get my hopes up but damn that's fine speculation.

Corey Nelson to MN would be amazing. Amazing. Amazing. And then SH can commit, and Kyle Prater will reopen his recruitment and choose the Gophers. At least, that's what I'm hoping.

Just an update:

Nelson is supposed to take visits to Tennessee and North Carolina. His last visit is supposedly going to force him to choose between checking out Texas or Oklahoma.

There's good writing on the wall in regards to Hicks choosing Texas, but things have changed since the last time I posted saying that if we got Hicks, we might not have room for Nelson. One of Texas' WRs, Brandon Collins, involved himself with some really incredibly stupid actions, and is no longer on the team. So we may have a spot for him afterall.

Anyways, I hope if it isn't Texas, he chooses Minnesota. The A&M meltdown along would be more entertaining that National Championship game that just took place. Happy hunting, Gophers.

Top Bottom