Cordarrelle Patterson

http://www.nctechtigers.com/nc-tech-in-the-news.html

"In any profession, building relationships and networking can be vital to one's success.

Coaching is no different.

NIU football head coach Jerry Kill and his staff have built fruitful relationships throughout their years together.

Perhaps the most fruitful is the rapport that this staff has with the coaches of Kansas' junior colleges.

"You can really see the difference between how professional and organized some guys are," said Fort Scott Community College head coach Jeff Sims, who coached current NIU tailback Jasmin Hopkins. "Coach Kill's reputation in Kansas and what he's done with junior college players helped us encourage [Hopkins] to go there."

Kill's presence in the Kansas JUCO system, according to NIU offensive coordinator Matt Limegrover, begins with Tom Matukewicz.

Matukewicz, currently NIU's linebackers coach, began his coaching career at Coffeyville Community College, coaching offensive line. He used this position to get to know a number of the coaches in the state.

This has been a valuable asset to the coaching staff, as these coaches have helped to make Kill and company aware of standout players in the state.

"Outside of maybe Texas or California, there's no place better than the Kansas junior colleges," Limegrover said. "Tom [Matukewicz] is our guy in the Kansas junior colleges. He has a great relationship, not a good one but a great one, with just about all those coaches. He knows those guys, and he has their respect. That word gets around."

It's a constant recruiting presence in the state that allows Matukewicz and Kill to keep those relationships fruitful.

And it goes both ways. Former NIU grad assistant Brandon Staley is now the defensive coordinator at Hutchinson Community College, a position Matukewicz's connections helped him obtain."​

Cordarrelle Patterson is at Hutchinson CC now, and it looks like Kill has ties there, too!

http://www.hutchcc.edu/docs/Athletics/Football/Bio-Football.pdf

"Before SOU, Brachear coached two seasons at Northern Illinois University
in 2008 and 2009, working with the Huskie defensive backs. Brachear
coached under current University of Minnesota and former Northern
Illinois, Southern Illinois and Emporia State University head coach Jerry
Kill."​

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/tag/_/name/chad-spann

“There couldn’t be a better situation for me,” said Womble, who enrolled at Northern Illinois
in January out of Hutchinson (Kan.) Community College. “With Chad leaving, there are
huge shoes to fill, and there will be a lot of pressure. But as a competitor, you want that pressure.”

More connections!

Google rocks: https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&....,cf.osb&fp=d2e74e97cb19d3e6&biw=1280&bih=675

No official visit here and major school interest/offers. As much as I'd love to see an athlete as good as him come here I don't see us getting so much as a whiff from him.

Weird three schools he chose for official visits according to Rivals: Tennessee, Auburn, and Texas Tech. Hmm... Really? Tech?

I noticed Gus Malzahn at Auburn was helping lead his recruitment there. Isn't Malzahn gone now to Ark. State? (Not that it is a huge plus for us considering his interest list).

That's one impressive offer list.
HTML:
it would be quite the coup if we could land him. Hoping but nothing more.

I don't know the chances of landing Patterson, but I'm liking the fact that Kill appears to have a solid network for JUCOs (and some regions of the country for HS players) and I know he'll work tirelessly to improve his national presence with high school coaches.

One thing that impressed me about Kill in either his first press conference (or statements in his first couple of weeks on the job) is that he stressed that for he and his staff, football was their life. Don't know what that means for marriages or mental health, but he's an around-the-clock guy.

Weird three schools he chose for official visits according to Rivals: Tennessee, Auburn, and Texas Tech. Hmm... Really? Tech?

Yeah, if you're a WR, I have no idea why you'd want to go to Texas Tech.

I don't know the chances of landing Patterson, but I'm liking the fact that Kill appears to have a solid network for JUCOs (and some regions of the country for HS players) and I know he'll work tirelessly to improve his national presence with high school coaches.

One thing that impressed me about Kill in either his first press conference (or statements in his first couple of weeks on the job) is that he stressed that for he and his staff, football was their life. Don't know what that means for marriages or mental health, but he's an around-the-clock guy.
I believe we have zero chance with Patterson, he has had the offer since last summer and we have never been on the list of schools he has any interest in. He is fromthe SE somewhere and relates to the SEC.

This is the case at pretty much any BCS school. These coaches work around the clock, even in the off season. There is so much pressure on them they have a hard time turning it off even for a short time. If football is not your life at the BCS school level you will not last long.

Yeah, if you're a WR, I have no idea why you'd want to go to Texas Tech.

+1......This kid won't even give Minnesota a sniff and why should he? We should get down on our hands and knees and hope we keep Harbison from visiting Vandy and switching.

This a type of recruit that might not look at us now, but we'll be able to get in a couple of years, as Coach Kill implements his system. I think that because a lot of recruits next year, will be looking at this year's results, we will not see a major upgrade in recruiting until 2014. When that class has been here 4 yrs. is when we should be competing at the top of the conference. Coach Kill has said it will take six years to get where he wants us to be. Win six games or better next year we'll be on schedule fall short and you'll have to add a year.

If I were a JuCo WR, I wouldn't be considering Texas Tech. They have a pretty good receiving corp that is returning 5 of their top 6 WRs.

When you look at the geography of the schools that he is visiting...Tennessee, Georgia, Auburn and Scout has him visiting Mississippi not TT, you kinda get the feel he is more thinking of a general area as much as the school itself, though he would be a very helpful commit for Coach Kill and it would be great to get him.

Every time I would visit some of my friends who sit in 137, he would be riding the exercise bike. I wonder how many miles Hayo put on those bikes.

Every time I would visit some of my friends who sit in 137, he would be riding the exercise bike. I wonder how many miles Hayo put on those bikes.
Apparently about 2% of what is required to develop 4.4 speed.

Question for you go4rube . . .

Was he able to keep his hands on that stationary bike's handle bars, or did they routinely slip off?

Top Bottom